✨❤️🐈‍⬛πŸŒƒ

 

I am seeing The Breeders for the first time ever in 17 days,... and I am not even the least bit excited. 😐

In two weeks from Saturday, I will back at The Castro Theatre for the first time in over a decade (almost 15 years). Again, I am just not that excited. 

Everything just feels like a chore now. Vacation feels like a chore. Going to shows feels like a chore. I don't even think I have been to a concert...outside of seeing my friend Julie Benko's cabaret shows... since... Riders in the Sky in Livermore in 2023( which was a GREAT show, BTW). People really do struggle to behave these days, and going to seated ticketed events like the opera or Broadway tours are always (slightly) safer bets because they at least have staff that will do something about it. 

I bought these tickets back in November of last year (which is seriously an insane thing to say out loud/ type out), and, for whatever reason, instead of getting more and more excited, it's just built up to... dread. I am also preemptively annoyed that I will have to download the bloody Ticketmaster app for the evening instead of having physical tickets (or the ability to print them from home). I do have two seats and I am up in the balcony (because there is no way I am dealing with the chaos of general admission), and so maybe being up and away from what I assume will be nonsense will help.

There is also the very great possibility that someone whom I do not want to see will be there, which has been another part of the dread. I do not want to see this person, and I know he also likes them. The possibility of him being there is very, VERY real. I would legitimately throw up if I had to deal with him. 

Then, of course, there is the matter of what to wear..... (jajaja) This is also legitimately stressful, because I hate being anywhere and being uncomfortable.

I guess I am also sad because then it will feel like Summer is really over. πŸ˜£πŸ’”

All this negativity and sadness over something that should have made me so excited. 

Comments