mid-July, when you and I were forever wild

 Hello, July. ✨πŸŽ‡πŸ’–

Yes, I know it's not mid-July, July just started (lol), but I will never pass up the opportunity to use that lyric.

I will finish my recap of my LA trip sometime this week (probably over the upcoming long weekend). I didn't even finish the post about going to the Tar Pits museum because of the formatting issues I have been running into. I haven't been doing the fashion recaps on here, either, for the same reasons. It's also because I wear the same coords over and over again as a shameless and proud outfit-repeater.

Yesterday, Jupiter entered Leo and will be there until the same time next year. The last time it was there, there were huge shifts in my life I am still processing and dealing from, so I am approaching this transit with... a lot of trepidation. Have I said this before? yes, but it's my blog, and no one really reads it, and I can do whatever I want! 😎 Most of yesterday was particularly terrible, until after work when I saw the kids and we went out for Abuela's birthday. I hadn't been to Pier 39 in over 10 years. It was so nice to see that so much of it was exactly the same. It also so... summery. It felt summery and carefree and weightless. June was very packed with a lot of things, but nothing really felt quite like summer as it did last night.

I was reflecting on everything that happened last month. It was a super full month. The kids visited me at work, I saw my friend on the Phantom of the Opera tour, found out my potential soulmate looks like Glen Campbell (LMAO), went to a baby shower, actually went on vacation for the first time in 3 years (to LA, no less), and capped it off with a birthday celebration at Pier 39.

We have a three day weekend up-coming, and I haven't figured out what I want to do yet. I may just choose rest and catch up time. I see the kids again on Saturday for that dreaded holiday that I don't even celebrate, but I will never say no to seeing the kids or my step-grandma (lol).  

Tomorrow at noon is the exact half-way point of the year. The last six months were so terrible, here is hoping that the next 6 are its exact opposite in every way.

Comments