there is an old cliché under your Monet

 This weekend was as busy as the last one, but it was was gentler somehow.

20260516_131247

Yesterday, I had plans to meet up with my friends to go to the De Young Museum to see the Monet exhibit.

20260516_092118

20260516_092126(0)

My mom dropped me off at BART and I took the 28 down 19th avenue. I have to say, every time I ride the 28, I hate it! :D I hate that MUNI is such a wild west and people don't fucking pay and just do whatever they want. Thankfully, it wasn't a very long ride because I was getting off at Golden Gate Park.

20260516_102849

20260516_103646

20260516_103856

It was such a beautiful day. I was waiting outside the museum for my two friends. The De Young is.... NOT my favourite museum, but it's very beautiful on the outside. I love the pond so much. I actually think it's my favourite thing about the whole museum, and I wish that more things were this whimsical.

We went in when all three of us arrived and got our timed tickets to return. Whilst we were waiting, we went to the Japanese Tea Garden next door to have some lunch! I love being a member to the Gardens of Golden Gate Park because I got us all in for free! It was a beautiful day and the Japanese Tea Garden looked especially fresh and green.

20260516_112315

I love feeling well fed, hahahaha

It was finally our return time and we were there mostly to see the special Monet exhibition. It was absolutely PACKED. 

20260516_121433

20260516_132001

20260516_131802

20260516_125614

20260516_125622
I absolutely adore this frame.

These paintings were lovely in person, although I have to be quite honest, I think that this whole period of art is awful (lmao).  I just think it looks sloppy.

20260516_133747

20260516_133842
Scooby Doo, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!

20260516_134730

20260516_134923
Listen, I know--I KNOW--this is supposed to depict the apex predator that is the jaguar, but IT LOOKS SO SILLY.

20260516_134929

Today, my mom and I got up super early and saw the first showing of the day of Sheep Detectives

20260517_092010
The theater is attached to a now dead mall. :(

20260517_092045

20260517_093312
Made sure to rep the sheepies!

Sheep Detectives is unironically one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I think it will very quickly become my new comfort film.

20260517_113443
Took one more photo of the mall being dead. :( I cannot believe that this mall looks this way.

20260517_115122

20260517_115143

20260517_115226

Afterwards, we went to Lowes to buy some flowers for the garden! They didn't have any lawn animals! :(

Comments