Come on now stop staring at the ceiling Your last daydream is slowly unreeling

I would once again like to stress that I am not opposed to change, just that I constantly question the efficacy of said change.

20260407_071508

20260407_071236

20260407_071226

20260407_071623

20260407_071615

20260407_071214

20260407_071304

20260407_071252

Cardigan: second-hand, true vintage Girl Scout
Blouse: Cider (do not really recommend, will detail in a second)
Skirt, safety shorts, shoes: Amazon
Tights: Target
Woodstock pin: true vintage, gift from my mom
Beagle Scout badge: from the Charles M. Shultz Museum in Santa Rosa

I had put this coord aside as an "alternate" "to wear" in case what I had set out for the week didn't suit me. I recognize that, yes, I may actually have too many clothes. I fall into the pattern of wanting to wear the same things over and over (and over again), and thus certain items of clothing get neglected. I don't wear this top from Cider very often, one --because it's see-through, and two-- because the quality isn't not that great, if I am being honest. Some of the items from Cider have been lovely and well-made... and some of them have just been shit. This top is one of those "shit items." I bought it for the teddy bear applique, not realizing that it was a junky, see-through garment. I also really balk at Cider's sizing-- to list a US size 6 or an 8 as a "large" is just absurd. And this is not fat phobia, and I am not saying that there's anything wrong with wearing a large, or that I would just DIE if I had to wear a large (like, please shut up, LMAO), I am saying that a US size 6 or 8 being considered a large is... hugely concerning

Anyway, I am trying to be more mindful about wearing everything that I have and rotating the clothing items. I also usually rotate things by the seasons (which are not aligned with the seasonal weather of the rest of the world, hahaha), but the weather keeps waffling back and forth between sensible (borderline cold) and heat waves and then rain again. It's supposed to rain again on Thursday. I know we need it, and I know "April showers" and all that, but I would like it if it were consistently one and then the other, and not acting like it saw the CHP and immediately had to stop speeding. Currently the temperature is a blissful 56°, and whilst I do slightly regret not having brought an outer jacket today, it's supposed to get up to 66° in the afternoon. (Again, sensible.)

Samsung has discontinued its Messenger/ texting app. It was supposed to go away forever in July, but I clicked on the prompted to get more information, and it switched me over to Google Messenger. I was not thrilled, and I do find it all quite...invasive, actually! Yes, I know that Samsung uses Google’s Android operating system, and it is...a superior messaging system akin to What's App and the FB messenger. I just know that Google is a very...predatory and surveillant company. Not that anything in my messages is so important that I need to fear, and I know the messages are encrypted, it's just that maybe I didn't need Google spying on my texts about my bloating issues... or whatever else, you know? Especially since my sisters and I text pictures of their kids back and forth. I know they say it's "encrypted" and "protected," but like... is it true? (LMAO, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have been wary of Google for literally ages.) But now I also still have the Samsung Messenger app which I can no longer access AND can't uninstall! πŸ˜©πŸ˜΅πŸ˜€πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ This is all tremendously annoying! Yes, yes, I am fully aware that this is all a hill of beans compared to...*gestures broadly*--but, GDI, I am still upset about it!!! (I also IMMEDIALTEY turned off all the AI features, because shuck THAT oyster.)

Again, I am not... opposed to new things, nor am I opposed to change. I just always find myself questioning the efficacy of change. More specifically, I have an insatiable need to know WHY. And I need the WHY to make sense, and not just be BS!




Comments