Why does it have to be my least favorite subject? Learning in public When I can't even look at me

 I will do a Sunday recap, but I need to get this off my chest first.

20260329_171705
*sigh*

On Saturday, I went to an event with my mom, and I was having a great time. In fact, it was one of the best times I have  ever been out with my mom. I was really, genuinely having a great time, and I was trying to not let this one thing bother me.

But bother me it did. It's still bothering me, and I can't stop thinking about it.

Because this doesn't just happen to me every once in a while, it happens to me almost every time I go out. 

On Saturday there were so many other young women/ women/ girls there who were acting like I didn't deserve to or shouldn't exist. Mostly the ones with boyfriends or significant others. 

Ladies, I do not want your boyfriend.

In fact, like, I don't even know why you want your boyfriend.

The energy was palpable. And, quite frankly, it hurt.

Being perceived is just such a horrifying thing to me in general, but to glared at for... existing. I just want to exist in my body. I just wanna go to a cat-themed street fest with my mom and actually have a great time.

Comments