No need to hide the scars on your arms Was then I knew nothing was wrong

 I had no idea how much I needed this song and this band until I heard this song

20260324_071201
I love this coord so much and I got so many compliments on it the last time I wore it.

20260324_071408

20260324_071419

20260324_071430

20260324_071448

20260324_071259

20260324_071214

20260324_071236

20260324_071137

20260324_071356

Cardigan, skirt, safety shorts, cat ear headphones: Amazon
T-shit, purse: thrifted, eBay
Tights: Target
Shoes: Hot Chocolate (sadly, all their shoe runs are limited and they don't make these ones anymore, so I try to wear them very sparingly)
Undies: Freya

20260324_072150
In the yucky lighting. :( It's why I saved this coord for today because I knew I would have my selfie spot! :D

I can cover my t-shirt with my cardigan for most of the day, and then unbutton it and let The Breeders be seen during break times and commuting... it always makes me feel like Clark Kent! 

I always wear long sleeves to cover my arms anyways, and I feel like trying to hide scars on my arms and my sneaky secret t-shirt is like an extra layer of protection.

I tried pomade for the first time! It was a kid's pomade by Suavecito, because I see the vintage community recommend it a lot. I don't think I did a good job, lmao! I am gonna try again tomorrow. I picked the kid one not just because of the joke that I am #forever12, but because I could get it delivered overnight (because I am impatient and wannit nao). 

I finally started writing new music again!  I took a long and extended break. I didn't know if I ever wanted to write ever again.  I started listening to the band Sunday (1994) (whom I am VERY disappointed to find out are not actually indie, and are, in fact, nepo babies πŸ’” lol --still great band, though, don't get me wrong!), and listening to music by some of my other faves, including The Field Mice, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (whom I am sad to have missed recently on their SF stop) :(, etc.-- and I was inspired to write again. I wrote two songs and I finished one of them (which is up now on Soundcloud). I think between watching Sinners (finally), having a new favourite band to be obsessed with, and becoming re-obsessed with bands I already knew I loved, it rekindled something inside of me.

Earlier today, my friend Cecilee, who makes music as Lavender Fire,  sent me two tracks she is working on. Let me JUST SAY, I LOVE (and I mean LOVE) having other musicians as friends. It's such a vulnerable thing to send your music person-to-person with someone. It's one thing just hitting "publish" and sending it out into the ether; it's a whole other feeling sending music to your friend, especially if they are also a musician. She sent me two songs today and asked for feedback. I liked both of them a lot, but I am MOST excited about hearing "Return"  as a full, polished release! It was fun! The song reminds me a lot of the movie Wolfwalkers!

20260323_195031
The sunset from last night. πŸ’–

Comments