Free as a breeze Not to mention the trees Whistlin' tunes that you know and love so

 "To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow."

20260308_121102
Yesterday, my mother and went to the San Francisco Botanical Garden (which I am always going to  still call the Arboretum). I have a membership, and I have been meaning to use it, and yesterday just lined up in such a way that it was perfect!
 
20260308_111335
I was still having issues with my under eyes. :(

20260308_120929
We wanted to go before the end of March, because the magnolias bloom now until about the beginning of April. I have actually never been to the gardens during this time of year!

20260308_121101
The first thing we saw was this beautiful little friend!

20260308_121944

20260308_121406

20260308_121412

20260308_122027

20260308_122152
As you may or may not know, I love plants, and one of my favourite plants is ferns. I might not understand all the biological or technical aspects of ferns or plants, but I just LOVE them. They are vascular plants, and instead of flowering like other plants, they have little spores under all of their leaves. All those little spots are thousands of potential future ferns! 😍

20260308_122422
One of the things I love most about the Arboretum is that everywhere you turn, there is a totally different mini-world. The gardens are organized by the specialized collections' different regions.  Literally, you just turn a corner and you're in a massive bamboo forest.

20260308_122745
My heart is SO HAPPY.

20260308_123507
I have no idea what this is, but the last time I was here, this whole area was under several feet of water, so it was sort of neat to see it how it's supposed to look normally!

20260308_123733

20260308_123739
Redwoods. 

20260308_123751
😍

20260308_123741
My mom taking it all in.

20260308_123831

20260308_123846
Redwoods only grow in two areas of the world: the Pacific Northwest and California, and Japan. There is nothing more calming that a redwood forest. 

20260308_124636
We used to have a giant cactus exactly like this one in my grandparents' front yard. So many of these blades were carved into and it made me so sad. :(

20260308_124432
I feel my nervous system calm down a thousand fold just looking at this. πŸ’š

20260308_124947

20260308_124937

20260308_124817

I had never been to the children's garden before! It was closed for a while, and it's also way off and out of the way compared to the other gardens. Getting to it is honestly quite the trek! 

20260308_124903

20260308_125111
It is so unspeakably charming!

20260308_125227

20260308_125228

20260308_125224
I am going back soon, and I should bring in some books to put in here!

20260308_125514

20260308_125540
Mom looking for wildlife.

20260308_125937

20260308_130057
This lead to a secret trail!

20260308_130615
Coyote shit.

A couple of year ago, a child was attacked in the park by a coyote, and there are signs everywhere warning people of what to do. It just makes me sick thinking about it! :(


20260308_131016

20260308_131433

20260308_131717
We found this random Santa tile/coaster(?) in the plant.

20260308_131933

20260308_131941
Friends!

20260308_132303

20260308_132414
I made her pose, hahaha!

20260308_132517

20260308_132916

20260308_132524

20260308_133156
A Cinderella situation!

20260308_133436
My poor eye :(

20260308_133743

20260308_133831
I love love love love these Australian trees so much.

20260308_134122

20260308_134048

20260308_134550

20260308_134535

20260308_135121

20260308_135057
Trying to sneak a coord selfie.

20260308_135215

20260308_135410

20260308_135433

20260308_135437

20260308_140122
One of my absolute FAVOURITE parts of the whole park is this library!!!

20260308_140125

20260308_140157

20260308_140554

20260308_140811
The whole second floor is literally all just archived periodicals in library binding--BE STILL MY HEART!

20260308_140820

eeeeeee!

20260308_140906
Esneaki.

20260308_140827

20260308_142223

20260308_142432
I was VERY GOOD, and didn't buy anything (even though I wanted to).

20260308_142443

20260308_142448

20260308_142510

20260308_142549

20260308_142730

20260308_142646
I will be back SOON, beloved magnolias! :D

20260308_143116
I had never heard this song before!

20260308_150839
I hope so, too. πŸ’š

Comments