πŸ‘—πŸ¦‰πŸ‘“ πŸ“ΊπŸ‘œπŸ¦Š

 It's giving.... Paddington.

20260224_071121

20260224_071113

20260224_071008

20260224_071121

20260224_071154

20260224_071134

Velvet jacket/ blazer: vintage, second-hand (brand is JAEGER)
Blouse: Simple Retro
Skirt and safety shorts: Amazon
Tights: Target
Shoes: Puma (second-hand)

I look and feel very English today, very grandmotherly, very (literally) in velvet.

I haven't worn this jacket in so long. I have nothing against the jacket, per se, I just haven't worn it. The are photos of me wearing it I am quite fond of. Very 2011 of me (and 2011 Me In Particular), I am afraid. I do wear earth tones on occasion, but it's certainly not my preferred colour palette. I had prepped this coord weeks ago (maybe even so far back as a month ago? JEEZ!), and it's been all read to go for ages.  I knew it was going to rain today and it was supposed to be cold, so I thought this would be a good fit for today. It certainly felt cozy enough. Unfortunately, it's also humid as shit, which velvet doesn't take too well to (nor does the person wearing said velvet).

I did a full closet rotation on Saturday evening. I emptied out a drawer, and got rid of anything I haven't worn in years. I then took out all the  bulky sweaters from my closet, folded them nicely and then them in said drawer instead. I got rid of a whole bag's worth of clothing! Some of the items I let go of I may someday miss, but oh well. I don't need all that stuff anyway! Plus, I just never wore it. A lot of it was stuff I bought in 2020 to help small businesses alive, and I barely wore them in 6 years. They were all just rotting in that drawer. I did, however, unearth shirts I will very much enjoy wearing regularly again, as well as lots of socks I've been looking for! 😜

The rain is supposed to cease tomorrow for an extended period of time, and it's the matter of what to wear.... ha!




Comments