Ride on time 時よ走り出せ
I wanted today to be a fresh start to the week, after the last couple of weeks being so God-awful.
I did not get my wish. 😓😖😅
I had a really lovely day yesterday, and I will reflect on that when I am feeling a little better than I am now.
My day started with having had horrifying dreams and waking up with a puffy face and a crease on it from the way I slept the night before:
I have cried so much recently, and it certainly shows on my face.
I don't know how cold it was when I took these, but when I went out to buy my salad at 10am, it was still only 45°. Which, quite frankly, even in December, is wholly uncalled for.
She is so cute, and was hoping for a good day...
*narrator voice*: but her hopes would be for naught.....
They were doing some "maintenance work" on BART on Sunday, and single tracking--removing a tree branch that had allegedly been there since October 15th? I had said that BART was going to go down on Monday morning, because every time they do anything, the whole system takes a shit. And take a shit it certainly did. I managed to catch the last train out of Daly City before the whole system went down. We made it to Glen Park, where it decided to hold. I ended up waiting there for 20 minutes, before I just bailed. Thankfully, I am *gestures broadly* from here, and I know my way around. Also, the last time this had happened, I was stuck at every station for 20-30 minutes at a time. I panic when the trains aren't moving, so for the sake of my nervous system, I knew I was better off just taking MUNI.
I sped to the pedestrian over pass to where the very isolated J Church line station is. I do quite like the J, and it's a very pleasant line with well-behaved people. It's a "cute" line with a lot of charm to it.
But standing here along the highway was NOT charming.
Seriously, this is quite unnerving, and it was only made worse by a man coming to the stop. He seemed very annoyed that I was tense because of his being there. Well, sorry, my dude, if you were in the body of a 4'11 and 3/4ths woman standing on the side of a highway with some strange man, you'd be anxious, too.
I thankfully didn't have to wait that long!
Like I said, this line is QUITE charming, and passes through cute neighbourhoods.
I have two favourite things about the J Church Line. One, the folks who ride it are *generally* nicer and more polite than other lines, like say the 28 bus line or the N Judah Wild West Shit Shows. They will *actually move* for pregnant and disabled people. (This is UNHEARD OF on the other aforementioned lines, let alone BART.)
The other is this:
And, oh my GOSH, are these just the most charming and whimsical passages. I didn't film through them because I just wanted to relax and enjoy them, but I just never tire of them. I don't even think if I saw them every single day that I would tire of them. The private right-of-way just feels like you are going through some sort of secret garden or something.
The right-of-way cuts out to Dolores Park (which everyone seems to love for some reason?). I think this view is nice, and it's far nicer than the one you get in the park itself (which I still stand 10 toes down as vastly overrated, sorry!).
Right around Mission Delores, the train started to get a bit crowded (and I started heavily disassociating and listening to City Pop). It wasn't nearly as bad as what I am used to on these MUNI lines, but it most certainly was not ideal (and I did have some asshole man standing over my with his crotch in my face).
It took me well over 2 hours to get to work today. My whole nervous system is still just shot. I hate not being able to rely on transit as a disabled person. If I see one more SOB say "if you don't like public transit, that's a personal problem 😏😌," I will actually unleash an energy from inside me that is nothing short of demonic.
It's apparently unreasonable to want the things that you put your tax money into to run effectively, lmao.











Comments
Post a Comment