our hands are cold and the moon sets low

 What a week!

20251218_071407


WEDNESDAY:

20251217_065105

My weather app I checked right before I was about to leave said there was "no rain." I opened my front door, and it was POURING.

20251217_065205

20251217_065201
The gas station was already starting to flood--UGH!!!

20251217_080852
I didn't get to take station pics that day because it was raining.

20251217_080900

20251217_081855

20251217_083253

Probably one of my favourite things I have ever coorded!

T-shirt (unpictured): The Breeders
Cardigan as the top: thrifted
Skirt and safety shorts: Amazon
Tights: no idea
Ankle boots: Fluevog, second-hand.

This coord was a recreation of something I saw on Instagram.


FRIDAY:

POV: the view from the from of the bus.
20251218_070326

20251218_071213

20251218_071148

20251218_071206
Kinda spooky, kinda aesthetic.

20251218_071303

20251218_071323

20251218_071331
Never fear, these are trick pants, imposter pants!

20251218_071345

20251218_071357

20251218_071426

Top: Cider (I really hate their skinnypacalypse sizing), do not recommend
Cardigan: Memery
Imposter pants, raincoat: Amazon
Socks (unpictured): My Melody socks I got in NY Times Square
Shoes: Puma Liberty (who we do NOT support), second-hand



20251218_173018
The sunset last night.

20251218_173003
More angel numbers.

20251218_183141 
20251218_183143  
The Christmas tree we have in the yard for the wildlife.

20251218_200719

20251218_200723
Watching this again (and again), because I keep disassociating whilst watching it. :/

20251218_204426

20251218_204446

20251218_204514
I put up the Nascimiento.

FRIDAY:

20251219_071233

20251219_071310

20251219_071320

20251219_071341

20251219_071503

Sweater: Cotton Emporium (thrifted)
Workout pants: Danskin
Jacked and shoes: same as yesterday
Socks (unpictured): Amazon

20251219_071432
Today's debut: my new co-pilot. 

20251219_071441

20251219_071449

20251219_071654

20251219_071714
The sky this morning was so beautiful. πŸ’–

It has been hard to navigate my relationship with my body lately, but it's getting better again. It's so hard with the skinny apocalypse coming back, and all the images online (esp Pinterest) with incredibly, terrifyingly and unnaturally thin bodies.  I thought I did really well with myself this week, and I felt really, really cute. I am so glad that there is a lot of push back against her0!n chic this time around, and I wish that bodies of all shapes and sizes could just exist unbothered!!! I had a board on Pinterest board dedicated to πŸ’˜, but every single body on it was scary-skinny. It was getting to my brain, really making me feel as though I could not be loved  in the way I saw in these images because I was "too fat." Listen, I know--I KNOW--that I am not fat. I am not even "mid-size." I know that being fat or perceived as fat isn't even awful or the end of the world, or a negative thing--BUT  with the culture of skeletal thinness and equating that to worth trying to sneak back into our lives, my ED recovery brain starts to spiral. I would not have my body any other way than what it is (even with the lower abdomen that sticks out under my belly button). It's hard to battle with your body and your brain telling you you are "too fat" to be loved, though. πŸ’”

Comments