Too few of our old crew left on Astor

 In June of next year, I am tentatively returning to NYC with my step sister and her family.

20230803_143459

New York is Certainly A Place like nowhere else in the world; absolutely nothing else feels like New York. Whilst I still forever maintain that San Francisco is superior in all aspects other than perhaps its public transit, there is nothing quite like New York.

I am thinking about my favourite places in NYC. I am thinking about what the weather is like in June (read: horrible). I am thinking about the coords I could wear, or the more casual outfits. I am thinking about how excited I am to share all of those places with people I love so much.

20230804_162346

20230803_145048

20230803_145055

But with returning to NYC, there is also fear and anxiety. Fear of run-ins. Fear of conflict. Fear of certain people making a scene.

20230803_143641

20230803_105223

20230803_113840
Remembering things that aren't there anymore.

20230806_123921

20230806_123919

20230805_160551
Always thinkin' about HIMB.

20230808_204017

20230807_162145

Everything about NYC feels older, more worn; even things that are approximately the same age as the ones in SF are more weathered because, well, NYC actually gets weather. I also realize that there are things in SF that would have been about the same age only...*gestures broadly* earthquakes. It's worn-in like a cozy sweater or pair of sneakers. 

I know my nephew wants to go to a Yankees game (yuck, lmao), but I am thinking about other things I can do with the kids: the Balto statue, the Natural History Museum, the zoos. I just want to share things I love with people that I love.

20230803_144648
I can't wait to kiss you under the blue what in the Natural History Museum. πŸ’˜

Comments