Driving late at night I’ll let you listen to the music you like Then I’ll drop you home
I feel so late to this party. One of my new favourite bands only made two records and are now considered defunct.
I don't know how is recently discovered Veronica Falls. Their music is unspeakably charming, the two albums of theirs that do exist are two legitimately perfect twee records.
Just one of those things, you know--the lightening in a bottle, hat once there was a spot for one brief shining moment that was known as Camelot.
It makes me yearn for the world we knew in 2013.
I know that the world was, in fact, no more simple that it is today, we just saw less of it. I know that in 2012-2014, I was quite miserable, and life was unbelievably terrible.
There was just something so special about Twee. I don't mean the Zooey Deschanel, self-infantilization, the glorification of over-consumption through fast fashion and disordered eating, or the cloying phony optimism. I mean the real, true-hearted optimism, gentleness in the face of adversity, the belief that a kind, gentler, and softer world is possible.
Will we ever know the reverby pains of the purity of heart ever again?
Comments
Post a Comment