but the raven he peeps Through the dark foreboding skies of the royal domain

 Last night, Charlie, Allison, and I went to the Nightfall event at Filoli for the second year in a row!

20251026_202141

It was less out-right scary than last year's event, but it was still very unnerving.

20251026_18585320251026_185949
Waiting to be picked up!

20251026_19380220251026_193824
Hi, sweet Ronja.

20251026_201137 20251026_201526
I sprinkled a little, but GOOD THING I had my cape!!!

20251026_20214120251026_202219
These were legitimately terrifying. (...but this one couple was kinda cute!)

20251026_202914 
I am going to miss the trolls so much. :( 

20251026_20313820251026_203146
My hands were SHAKING with excitement as we were walking up to these!

20251026_20322520251026_203230

20251026_203801 20251026_204941

20251026_20455720251026_204555

20251026_205810 20251026_210547 20251026_21093520251026_211120

20251026_21133420251026_211430

20251026_21150620251026_211438

20251026_211444
After all of the legitimately grotesque desserts on display, the petits fours straight up took us OUT laughing.

20251026_211455
 This cake reminded Charlie and I of The Frighteners.


20251026_21164220251026_211815

20251026_21180520251026_211809
This guy as...seen a few things.

20251026_21201520251026_212026
"Hey, I think this is the Headless Horseman!"
"How do you know?"


20251026_21190320251026_212151

20251026_21220920251026_212344

20251026_212729

20251026_213125

20251026_213448
I was going to make a snide remark about this, but I know the person it's directed towards avidly reads this blog. πŸ˜’πŸ˜œ

20251026_215028

I plan on seeing the Trolls at least one more time before they leave, and I am NOT ready to say goodbye to them. :(

Comments