Don't be afraid, child, child The end is not in sight, sight There is much more road to travel Just stay by my side

 2010 was a year of great struggle, forever frozen in the amber of grainy cell phone photos.

flowers

It's strange to look back on this image now. I think this kiosk shuttered during 2020 and never came back. I just remember how charming I thought this and the coffee station both were. I am never at that end of the station any more, so I don't know if it's there or not. I just remember thinking about how cute and exciting this was.

P061010154432

I spent many hours of 2010 on very long walks. I had graduated college with no real job, and floundered. It had taken me a whole extra year to graduate because of collegiate politics (canceled classes, budget cuts). I had long, long hours to myself. Everything felt bleak and hopeless. The splendor of this view is lost in the quality of this photo. I feel like that's a good metaphor for 2010: there were a lot of good things happening amongst the terrible, the terrible being the most vivid and the not-so-terrible being lost to the blurs of time.

It was mostly terrible, and it just seemed so endless.

Photo on 2010-10-17 at 16.28

Comments