If you gotta grow up sometime You have to do it on your own
If I have to lose one more hero, I am going to explode.
This one has me legitimately emotional. I don't know why I am entirely surprised. It still stings to find out that the I/n N 0u/t CEO is a POS. Aside from being one of the only place left not on the Bee Dee Ess list, it was one of the very few places that was still open late at night. It was one of the very few spaces with any kind of semblance of a third place left.
I am legitimately sad to now have to boycott I/n N 0/ut.
I know that most people won't. I know the lines will still be insane, both in the drive-thru and inside. I know most people who go there or will continue to patronize there will not care.
But I care.
This aches even more on the heels of the news that we are losing Heidi's Pies at the end of the year. Where will we go now? Where will be build memories? Where will we bond? Where will we go for our seminal life moments, or after shows, or on dates, or or or or or or or or
I really feel a degree of death anxiety about the loss of third places.
We can't always afford to patronize small businesses, yet the burden of keeping them open always falls on us. And then when people more powerful than all of us decide the fates of all businesses, we are powerless. All these years they blamed Millennials for what should have been placed on the wealth management companies.
I know I can still technically go to I/n n 0/ut all I want, there is nothing actually stopping me other than my moral compass. I know that some people are going to think this morning over a loss of a company and being able to buy burgers there is an overreaction, melodramatic, and ridiculous.
But it's not.
Money has power.
And when all the spaces are gone, what will be left, and who are we without them?






Comments
Post a Comment