I got brains I made a story up in my head If anybody would ask I'm going to a seminar

 In a world of rapid and artificial content, I think I shall double-down on blogging.

20250720_095538

20250720_095543

*Selfies are to trick the cybergods.

I meant to do recaps of the last weekend, selfies, outfit and coord appraisals and reviews, but I have felt too tired. I don't mean tired in just the physical sense. I am tired in the emotional and spiritual sense. I am mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. 

I do my damndest to live intentionally every single day, but it's becoming nigh impossible. Everything is overwhelming--suffocating from the amount of news (all of it bad), feeling powerless to stop anything, caring deeply about everything and helpless to do anything about it. It's more than drowning; it feels like you're drowning at the bottom of Lake Tahoe and then someone decided to plop a boulder on top of you for good measure.

And, listen, I know that being confronted with uncomfortable information and horrifying images is nothing in comparison to those who are experiencing these things. How horrible that we have to live in a world where these things are real. It's a constant struggle between wanting to stay informed and being a responsible global citizen and not turn away from the horrors--and trying to have a regulated nervous system. I know the people suffering don't have the option to turn away, and I always want to be mindful of that.

Just because I don't tell it on the mountain how much I care about things, that doesn't mean I don't care. I am actually suspicious of people who use other people's pain and suffering to platform themselves and to gain social media capital. I think there is a difference between sharing something because you care, and sharing things because they're nigh guaranteed likes and engagement generators. I also like giving people who need to be heard the space to BE heard. It so often becomes about the fact that so-and-so did or didn't say something about something instead of the necessity of the event in question being talked about. Then there's the matter of being loud not automatically equating to authenticity--it's a mess!

anyway! I am sad and upset about the state of the world, and feel hopeless and am spiraling! :D How re you?



Comments