As a tool it's more demure Than your friend the singing queen With her matinee good looks She talks like talking from a book

 If there is one thing I admire and appreciate about myself, is that I will never give up.

20250717_080445
Whilst this is not the most flattering photo of myself, I love the way my hair looks in it.

I spent the last couple of weeks trying to use the vintage style foam rollers again, to absolutely zero success. I bought a new brush simply because it was lavender (lol), and used it to brush my hair out last night. I went to brush my hair again this morning, and POOF, this was my hair:

20250717_065008

20250717_065012

20250717_065013
No additional styling, no products, no nothing.

20250717_065004
Like, obviously, I am so thrilled that it's so cute, but like.. fokken REALLY?!

20250717_065009
One less thing to worry about, I guess.

20250717_080306

20250717_080316

20250717_080240

20250717_080317

Cardigan: true vintage, second-hand
Blouse, skirt, safety shorts, shoes: Amazon
Tights: ASOS
Undies: Playful Promises

I wanted to try and see if I could remix this coord from last week I had had high, high hopes for and it just fell flat. This has way more life to it. These shoes are brand new, but I have never worn them out before (which I may regret making the day that I decided to do that, LMAO). They are school uniform shoes, so they do have some comfort and foam elements to them, but since they are so brand-new, they're not comfortable yet. I chose these for today because the tights I have on are too thin and fragile to wear with the clogs. They are nylon-y with polka dots on them. This is my first time wearing them, too, and my first time purchasing from ASOS. I know A Clothes Horse used to feature them a lot back when it was more of a fashion blog, and so, in looking for alternatives to Target, wanted to try them out. My reaction is....mixed. I did have difficulty getting them on, and they already have THREE bloody runs in them! And they're the kind that are too fine and delicate to repair. I am so annoyed!  Like I would LOVE to completely divest from Target, and tights are the only thing I buy from Target--because every other brand have ever tried has been cheap shit!

20250717_080459

Today is Disneyland's birthday, and that always makes me a little sad to think about because I miss it so much, but the Disneyland I love no longer exists. I wanted to dress up a little more than usual today. I thought it was going to make me feel better--and in some capacity, it has. I miss Disneyland so much. It will never be the same, as much as I will never be the same. I am still trying to make the most of today, even if I didn't get enough sleep and I am feeling incredibly emotionally overwhelmed. I didn't get to sing OR workout last night, and my routine being disrupted dysregulates my entire nervous system. Hopefully, I can do both of these tonight. I am so stressed and overwhelmed, I just feel like I am drowning.

Comments