And I've got to hide some place and find myself again

 I spent a very long time trying to be someone I wasn't to appeal to people who didn't want me.

11008307_376100195905996_1008981214_n

The rare exception was the album shoot for my first LP:

Screen shot 2014-06-26 at 8.45.41 PM

Screen shot 2014-06-26 at 8.50.06 PM

Screen shot 2014-06-26 at 8.50.40 PM

Screen shot 2014-06-26 at 8.32.06 PM
This was authentically me (I still have that cardigan, btw)

I tried too hard.

468939746_10162476855504577_6617156418687405793_n

472076304_10162559006159577_6854211413669886951_n

 51600643_594870217651009_7759363130420887552_n
 It wasn't until about 2019 when I started to slowly get myself back.

20190916_130139
I started to phase out wearing pants.

20211108_082504  
I started to phase in more vintage fashion and feminine cuts.

20230401_112442  
I started rebuying clothes like these Minnie Mouse shoes I had gotten rid of.

20230501_080431
I started making some of my own clothes.

2023-05-28_08-46-07
I gave up wearing pants almost entirely. I didn't care what was in style or not, I was gonna wear what I loved that looked good on my body and made me comfortable.

20240619_113152

20240619_113117
By 2024, I had absolutely nailed my style and never wanted to go back to anything other than this ever again.


20250202_112302

20250202_112207
I fully embraced how dorky I was. 

 20250428_101507   

20250404_191935
Nothin' ever other than exactly what I am.

Comments