I try to disappear right into the air Will you meet me in the middle?

Something happened to me today. I am not proud of how I responded to it. It left a really yucky taste in my mouth, both for what happened and how I responded to it. I am trying to give myself some grace over it, because it was in the heat of the moment and I am already wildly sensitive about some other stuff happening right now.

Tally up the parts of our love

Tally up the parts of our love

Tally up the parts of our love

Tally up the parts of our love
This my favourite outfit in the whole world. I call it my Doug Funnie outfit. If I were a cartoon, this is what I would be in every day.

Today on my lunch, I was walking to the takeaway store to get something to put in my salad. There was a large herd of people who were walking all together who were walking in a line and clogging the sidewalk. I was trying to maneuver around them. One of the women on the end I had to walk past gave me the most scathing up and down look and SCOFFED at me. SNARLED at me. As if how DARE I exist.

I responded by saying something unkind I am not proud of.

Again, I am trying to give myself grace about it.

This is not the first time this has happened. Recently, though, there has been an increase of women looking at me like I don't deserve to exist. Women who  make it a point to let me know that they hate me and my body.

Tally up the parts of our love
Too bad for all of you haters out there. I am just going to keep being me. I am going to double down on being me. I am just going to be me harder.

Comments