We lived in a garden's heart And opened it up for the sky The world spun itself away But I was coming alive by your side

On Saturday, my cousins and I took my cousin's kids to Golden Gate Park. It was one of the most fun days I had had in ages.

20250104_155548

I hadn't been to the Botanical Gardens in AGES, but I know that if you go before a certain time it's free (we got there in the afternoon, so it wasn't free), much like the other gardens in Golden Gate Park. I want to patronize the parks as much as possible, but sometimes it gets to be a lot.

20250104_114001
As I was putting my hair up for the day's adventure, it hit me that I graduated high school 20 years ago this year.

The San Francisco Botanical Garden (which used to be called the Arboretums) is a giant garden of 55 acres (even though I literally have no idea how to gauge how big an acre is lol) that represents different flora from all over the globe. Almost all geographic regions are well represented, and it's just a fun little trek around the world through the land of plants.

20250104_153320

20250104_153334

20250104_155002

20250104_155101

20250104_155050

20250104_155310

20250104_155408

20250104_155555

20250104_155538

20250104_155723
I told her to smile nicely for me. This is what she did.

20250104_155812

20250104_160029
The beautiful sisters.

20250104_161101

20250104_161319

20250104_161323

20250104_161352

20250104_161457

20250104_163257

20250104_163332
There are signs all over the parks with coyote warnings, that have been ramped up since a kid was bit last year.

We then took the kids to Strawberry Hill:
20250104_164852

20250104_164835

20250104_164826

20250104_165116
The Counsel will decide your fate.

20250104_165335

20250104_170038

20250104_170202

20250104_170443

It was such a nice outing and the kids really had a lot of fun. There were many people on dates in the Botanical Gardens, and we managed to crash/ potentially ruin every single one with our silliness and laughing. Oh, well, it's good for them. :)

Comments