Everyday a pattern Everything in is it's place What you say won't matter I can see it in your face



20250125_092221
This weekend was incredibly busy and I am very tired from it. I need a weekend from my weekend, TYVM.

20250125_153903

I took BART into the City to go to the Ferry Building to take the ferry to Marin so I could spend the night at a friend's house and then work an even with her the next day. I was trying to avoid a dummy protest downtown. Unfortunately, I did not.

20250125_153907

20250125_153908
Nothing to see here, just pulling into my station and seeing Kl@n members.

20250125_155958

20250125_155801

I just tried to keep my head down and make my way to the Ferry Building as quickly and quietly as possible. It's one of my favourite buildings in the entire city. When I was a kid, my grandpa and I used to ride the F street car up and down Market street and then go to the Ferry Building to see the timetables change over.

20250125_160527
I got a snack because I had no idea when or if I would be eating later.

20250125_161306
*art*

20250125_161410
This was too weird.

20250125_161655

20250125_161701
Added money to my Clipper Card as a "just in case."

20250125_162130

20250125_162011
Was waiting for my ferry until some creepy guy came and sat down next to me, so I got up and walked around the Ferry Building again instead.

20250125_163755
I love that they do this so much.

20250125_165226
The ferry terminal finally opened, and I waited inside the gates.

20250125_171727

20250125_170951

20250125_171749
The sunset was beautiful, but I wasn't on that side of the boat (which is okay, there is always next time). It was raining a little bit and there was next to no deck space on this ship, so I was okay being inside.

20250125_173233

20250125_174642

20250125_175300

20250125_175542

20250125_175553
Waiting to be picked up.

Some views from the drive over to Sacramento yesterday morning:
20250126_080928

20250126_080931

20250126_094002

20250126_095220

20250126_100014

20250126_175518

20250126_175534

20250126_193523
I don't know why this was so damn funny to me.

This made me cry:
20250126_193528

20250127_080725
Not feeling very cute enough today, unfortunately. IDK if I really look that bad, or if my brain is just bad. I've cried a lot today.

I hadn't taken the ferry in ages--mostly because it's quite expensive and then once you get to Marin, there isn't much you can do because the transit there is so bad. (It's assumed that most of the people have cars because it's one of the most affluent counties, though this of course is not entirely true, and they have most buses now than they did years ago--and they now have a TRAIN system???.) Even joy-ride exploring has become to exhaustingly expensive, so my incentive to explore this is nonexistent, tbh. :(

The ferry was.... fine? It definitely feels like a more upscale way to commute (given its price point, it fucking should be) than, say, shithole BART. I did like taking it at sunset, that was very enjoyable. Maybe next time I can get the other Bridge.


Comments