"A bullet in your what?!"

Oh, boy, when I tell you this song had a CHOKEHOLD on me when it came out.....

 The year was 2007. The Christmas of 2007, I was wrapping up my much loved time at community college and was going to be heading into SFSU in January. This was the second of The Killers' Christmas charity singles, and was certainly a hard left from the previous year's offering. My friends at the time and I would drive around looking at Christmas lights blasting this song on repeat.  I think at one point even after Christmas this song was still on heavy rotation.

It used to be so exciting when artists released new music. I don't think I have been that excited for a new release in a long time. 

I just remember driving around with those people, none of whom I am still friends with, thinking that these were the moments and memories life was made of. Not realizing that not a single one of those people would matter in a matter of a few years. 


Comments