You cover the road holes before I stumble Lead me through those fields of traps The road ahead, it starts to crumble You build bridges over gaps

Summer is here. I know it's not officially near by the days that the seasons are actually supposed to start on, but it's HERE as far as I (and most people) are concerned.

I made a TikTok about my day yesterday, but since Blogger is fussy about embedded html, I just linked it.

Anyway, I was on a self-imposed vocal rest just for the heck of it. 

20240609_135353

20240605_203321
This has nothing to do with that, I just thought it was hilarious, and worth sharing.

20240609_120711
Oh, to be a lazy cat!

20240609_120714
smoosh.

20240609_112939
I did my hair and forced myself to get out of pajamas and get dressed.

20240609_133911
On a whim, I forced myself to get out of the house and on the bus just to do something.

20240609_133916
I had tried to style my hair (with limited success).

20240609_133920
This shock is genuine, I was trying to keep my skirt from blowing up.

20240609_135401
Merrily on my way to no where in particular.

20240609_135344
Yesterday was a trauma anniversary, and whilst I was actually doing fine, I wanted to make sure I was good and distracted. For a split second, these tawny grasses reminded me of that trip.

20240609_135346
Whoosh.

20240609_141930
I went out looking for one of the used bookstores in the Mission, and I found one of the books I was looking for! Spoiler, the book is less fun than I thought it was going to be, and as problematic and my worst fears would have been. I am trying VERY HARD to keep an open mind whilst reading it, but it's testing my LIMITS.

20240609_142115

20240609_142417

20240609_151132
Revisiting some of my old faves.

20240609_161050
I got some food on the way back (not from the Mission lol).

I very rarely go out these days, mostly because of the money spending factor. Both of my usual places I'd go, my memberships have expired (ugh), and  I haven't been able to renew them yet. I hadn't been to the Mission just to hang out (or whatever) in such a long time.  I know it was a nice Sunday, and that brings people out, but, holy shit, was it borderline intolerable. Yuppies have no sense of expediency or agency whatsoever, and have no issues clogging the sidewalks. I was able to zip in and out with a very little amount of time, but I also didn't stop and do much else other than go get that one book. I do get overwhelmed going out, and my agoraphobia has gotten really, really bad.

Struggling, but trying.

Comments