You can stand all night At a red light anywhere in town Hailing maries left and right But none of them slow down

One of my favourite bands in the entire world is The Sisters of Mercy. One time a friend of mine drove to The Sisters of Mercy in Burlingame literally for the "lolz."

0821194331

0821194135

0821194323

0821194345

0821194121

0821194351
I wonder how many other Goth kids have done this (lol).

2011 was such a terrible period in my life. Truthfully, I cannot think of a singular period of my life that was not wholly terrible. I look back on these photos and can feel vaguely nostalgic. It was such a strange time. I feel like the only thing I really miss about this era is the amount of time that I had. 

P020511131728

P022011132005

P021511080928

P021511080858

It was technically a simpler time, but in many ways, it absolutely wasn't. I was so sick. I was working three jobs. It was a hard tunnel with no light at the end of it and a giant black hole.

To look back on some of these, to look back and see the images of when I HAD time to sit around and draw in coffee shops with large mugs of white mochas, to look at photos of what was my favourite iPod ever because of its cute case and display, to reminisce on an era where I tried so hard to romanticize my crumbling life...

I felt like my mind was quieter then. I feel like even with all my troubles, they didn't seem as present all the time as they are now. I think part of it, too, was not having a smart phone I am constantly plugged into doomsday. The buses actually ran. I had responsibilities, but I also somehow didn't. I think it's more than a matter of "just growing up," I think it's that life has become absolutely unbearable.

I am just so depleted and sad. 

I wish everything weren't such a chore.

I wish things weren't so expensive.

I wish I didn't feel like I was at my damn breaking point every moment of every day now.

I don't know how much longer I can do this, but I am going to keep trying.

Comments