"we are the werewolves, mister" πΊπππππ
Out July 5th, my new single "Wolf House" and my EP 'we are the werewolves' will be out on streaming platforms.
If I can be honest, I am surprised that this even exists.
For a while now, I have stopped wanting to release original music. There are a multitude of reasons, one of which I am not comfortable speaking about publicly (as I have been threatened, even if the threats are both empty and wholly laughable). That reason is perhaps one of the biggest reasons, but the other reasons are nothing to sniff at. It is no secret that it has become nigh impossible to be an artist in the current age. Streaming platforms force us to give our music away for free. It costs a lot of money to get your music onto platforms, and most of the time, these streaming platforms will not even start paying us for streams until the songs hit 1k worth of streams--so, good luck with that when everyone's faves keep knocking other artists--small or not-- out of the algorithms. Touring used to be our big money-making, but now that's also impossible. It's a lot of work for almost no return.
I've spoken about this at length over the years, but I proudly do everything myself. Your mileage may vary on that, of course, but I made it a point to do everything myself, top to bottom. No other hand touches the vast majority of my work, and certainly no rich parents are paying for it. That's an awful lot of work, again, for very little return.
Making and releasing music has become exhausting, unfulfilling, and, quite frankly, legitimately awful.
I first released this song in 2022. I was unhappy with its initial version, so I pulled it and re-recorded it. This is the new version of it.
It just made sense for this one to get its own EP.
I would describe most of the music I make as something you'd play whilst driving around at night. I hope you enjoy doing the same with this one.
.jpg)

Comments
Post a Comment