Boy I think you're confused I'm not Persephone Foam can be dangerous

Another year, another Christmas come and gone (although if you're Mexican Christmas lasts until January 6th and doesn't *officially* end until February). I'll keep the Christmas-Christmas to myself, but will share a little bit of the pre-amble up to it.

I have once again noticed some strange activity on the views of this account. Please note that if they continue to be unusual, I will lock this account down again. If you are a reader, please comment on this post so that I know you are a real person. Due to the nature of my on-going cyberstalking and the crimes of the person who is doing it, please understand that because I have small children in my life this is a concern, and I have no issues with locking this sucker back down if I have to.

20231223_112747

Anyway, this was the weekend:

20231222_065858
We had the shortest day of the year last Thursday, and the sun cannot come back fast enough.

20231221_204016

20231221_201556
Still working on building my voice back up. Going for comfort material.

20231221_173950

20231221_173959

20231221_173446
The only Christmas Spirit I care about, honestly.

20231222_180838

20231222_181623

20231222_181828

20231222_182656

20231222_184253
Last minute T-rexmas (and I really mean LAST MINUTE).

Saturday, a friend and mine and I went to the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park.

20231223_111406

It's the oldest building of its kind in North America. It's an elaborate Victorian greenhouse dating back to 1879, and it home to mostly tropical plants. Aquatics Gallery is by far my favourite (although my brain somehow confused it with The Rainforest Trail at Marine World (shut up, I know it's no longer Marine World, but it's MARINE WORLD, DAMN IT). It reminds me of the conservatory from the 1992 Dracula and the Botanicum from Symbolica.


Anyway, of all the gardens in Golden Gate Park, the Conservatory is my absolute favourite. It just feels so special and so magical.

20231223_111922

20231223_111928

20231223_111933
I know it's very hard to tell in this photo, but this leaf was the size of a canoe.

20231223_111946

20231223_111957

20231223_112414

20231223_112509

20231223_112628

20231223_112702
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

 20231223_112910
The water (because water molecules are round) comes up right to the lip of this glass.

20231223_112906

20231223_113103

20231223_113527

 20231223_113754

20231223_114156

20231223_114236
There was  a beta fish!

20231223_114313

20231223_114324

20231223_114358
He was gonna GET MEEEEEEEE.

20231223_114854

20231223_115002

20231223_121029

20231223_121227

20231223_121312
*magic*

20231223_121639

20231223_122506

20231223_122500
I hope Persephone enjoys her vacation.

I want to go back to the Conservatory very soon and I am looking into getting a membership. I am trying to force myself out of the house more in 2024.

Hope everyone who celebrates had a Merry Crisis! :D

Comments