Woah, I dreamed you were a jewel Sitting on a golden crown on my head

Disclaimer: Listen, I know there are a million things happening in the world right now. I am fully cognizant of current events. I know things are happening, and I watch in horror.  The thing is, they don't belong here. There is absolutely nothing that I bring to that table.  I donate where I can, I share the salient information on more vastly relevant and rapidly paced socials. What I am saying is that there is no point for me to essay on what's going on, when there are more important voices that need to be heard--and are running out of time. Please understand that I absolutely do care. I just only speak on things that I feel comfortable speaking on, and give other people who need to be heard the space on those matters.

I feel like I just needed to say that and make that known, especially with what I am going to talk about today:

Just because you're upset about the way you look or the way that you are aging, does not mean that I have to, or that you get to try to make me feel bad about the way I look.

Yes, we are back talking about that again today.

20231014_184956

20231014_184923

20231014_184919

20230820_192650

It's gotten to the point where I don't want to talk to or hang out with certain friends because of this. It's gotten to the point of discomfort for me where I am legitimately taken aback by how comfortable these people are making these comments towards me. 

I am legitimately uncomfortable with how brazen people who are supposed to be my friends feel saying unkind things about me or my appearance.

I also notice that these people are from well off families, actually had childhoods, and had significantly more opportunities--which they blundered. I have lost literal decades of my life to trauma. Don't be mad at me because of the way you look or you having not achieved  the things you wanted to. I have missed my entire life. You all had yours. I am not going to be held back by your limitations.

Making shitty comments about me doesn't make your life any better. It doesn't improve your skin. It doesn't make you smarter or more accomplished. You cannot stand that I have these things that you don't, and it's not my problem. Maybe you'd be better off if you spent more time focusing on yourself and not what I am doing. 

I am not a punching bag for your shortcomings.


Comments