sigh.
Not today, Satan.
There is something that I want to address first before the rest of this entry. I have no patience, none, for these kind of stalking accounts. The social media of mine (my Instagram) they linked refutes their claims, by their own measurements and logic (though I hesitate to dignify it by calling it that). Going around collecting information--and, let's call it what it is, stalking, on Indigenous women anonymously is an absolutely pitiful existence. I will not be speaking on this again, because I will not give them the attention they so desperately crave.
With that said, here is the rest of my life---
Saturday was Beatrice's vet appointment. It was just lab work to check her thyroid levels, but it's always incredibly stressful because you never know what they're going to find and how much that is going to cost.
She certainly does not appreciate it, that's for sure.
My friend Momo was gracious enough to take me and Beatrice to her appointment. I hadn't seen her in so long! She is a mental health professional and a bad ass lady and I love her.
After Beatrice had her blood drawn, we dropped her off at home, and then I took Momo to both lunch and boba as my thank you!
We faffed around in the pet store for about 30 minutes whilst we drank our boba and very nearly bought this for the lulz factor, but then decided against it, because what if neither of our cats ate this?
I put the green box there to prevent the kitten from trying to eat one of the plants so that I could take my selfies in peace (but then had that hideous green box behind me, hahaha).
oh!
Momo and I also went and drove around and I showed her my favourite Halloween decorations. They don't pack the same punch during the day, but I got to share them with one of my faves and I have to appreciate the fact that this might be the only time this season I get to see them. :(
Beatrice interrupting me trying to make the bed. She is very displeased.
Her test results came back in, and she is....a butterball. She needs to lose about 2lbs, and she can't have kibble anymore! :( Her thyroid is good, though, which was a huge relief.
In terms of the rest of what's going on, I am still trying to wrap up the opera record. I am trying to not get discouraged. The only windows I have to work on music is score study on the train home and warming up and marking next to trash. I tell myself that one day it's not going to be like this, but it's hard right now to believe this.
I am a whole, grown and professional adult.
Someone in my neighbourhood decorates these trees for every holiday and I love it.
Halloween is in about a week and I am so sad I've missed most of it. Here's to making the last week count.
Comments
Post a Comment