I've been singing in the evening, Flying through the night.

I watched....7 and a half spooky movies over the weekend, and I did not get a crumb of serotonin out of it.

uh oh.

20231015_183747

I've basically resided myself to the idea that Spooky Season is not happening this year. We are about half way through. I feel pretty dead and empty inside, and my seasonal depression hit very early. Usually I can get through October to the time change and be okay. I had never experienced seasonal depression before 2020 Covid and now it's very, very bad.

Things are so bad out there this year, and also, because of Beatrice's vet appointment on Saturday, I basically couldn't go anywhere or do anything and had to sit out all of Spooky Season. The one thing I do when times get like this is focusing on what I CAN control, what I CAN deal with and alleviate. 

I was blissfully blessed with a house to myself this weekend, and made the best use of my time cleaning and everything and organizing. I had ordered some special closet organizers and impatiently waited for them to arrive.

20231014_113231
Inside me aren't two wolves, there is only the one me who is personified by this outfit and is basically a walking parody of myself.

20231014_113304
It is cozy cat season.

20231014_132304
Forget "Girl Dinner," here is Unsupervised Autistic Lunch.

At the VERY least, I was able to get a lot done. A lot of the Saturday chores are very high-intense and labour intense, to the point where I was so physically exhausted and sore, I ended up not even working out on Saturday.

This was *actually* Girl Dinner:
20231014_160053

20231014_160228
I am not one for either food delivery or fast food, but sometimes nothing else will do.
(I am not one of those people who has anything really against fast food, it's just too expensive to eat out.)

The first spooky film I decided to watch to take advantage of the silence was An American Werewolf in London. Hilariously enough, I own the film, but used the On Demand feature because I was too lazy to go look in the movie cabinet for it. πŸ™ˆ The AMC version is hilarious, because they cut a lot of the swearing (in fact, most of the swearing), but leave in just about everything else.

20231014_161425

I know when I reviewed this film properly on my other blog before, I had mentioned that, whilst I do love this movie, you can absolutely tell that John Landis was 18 when he wrote this. I cannot believe no one has ever brought up how ridiculous a fantasy it is, more so than even being a werewolf, that a nurse who just...take one of her patients home like that, LMAO.

20231014_162337

20231014_162339
Of COURSE wearing my favourite shirt to match!

20231014_174410

20231014_183437
Elmer and Meerkat being cozy cats.

Next up was Fright Night (which I also have on blu-ray, but was too lazy to go look in the movie cabinet), followed by my finally giving up being lazy and going to fetch 1992's Dracula. Whomever watched it last had subtitles on it, and since I couldn't find the dvd remote, it was just subtitled in Spanish the whole time.
20231014_205804

20231014_205904
Sadie Frost is such an amazing actress, I adore her. I think this role and her role in Captain Jack are my two faves.

20231014_210855

20231014_211057
A movie which is already hilariously melodramatic is exponentially so in Spanish.

I was admittedly underwhelmed by the La Femme en Noir collab for this film, but I understand with licensing and whatnot, they are extremely limited. I don't find the story of Dracula particularly romantic, as I am not much of a romantic person (not because I am Not Like Other Girls, but people's interpersonal problems bore me to tears, and so much of the genre is based on drama which could easily be solved by communicating in a healthy way, FFS). I forgot how gorgeous the costumes in this film are, and I wish a couple of others could have been utilized over the ones chosen.

I decided that three spooky movies were enough for one day, so I went to bed.

Bright and early the next morning, two of the furry alarms came in to demand food:

20231015_082619

20231015_082627
Good morning, MOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM


20231015_111116
Thinking about the arduous tasks ahead of me, and trying not to lose it lol.

20231015_114416
Since the organizers weren't here yet, I decided to focus on things I could deal with, like prepping my clothes for the next day.

20231015_133018
I ended up pulling everything out of the closet (and I mean everything), and organized the hanging shelves and the skirt hangers, because that was something I could do before the other organizing hangers arrived.

20231015_133035
 Beatrice staking her little claim on a bed which had become a sea of clothes.

20231015_135540

20231015_135543
Meerkat being a cozy cat.

20231015_135646

20231015_142651

20231015_154440
Meerkat and Elmer being cozy cats.

The Monster Squad  (which is so underrated) and 2003's Haunted Mansion (which, I'm sorry, isn't even that bad) acted as background noise whilst I focused on the things I could organize and control.

20231015_155800

20231015_162847
I made a series of lists and organized the clothes by which hanger group they would go on.

I put on 2012's Dark Shadows, which is one of my comfort films.
20231015_162952

20231015_162954

20231015_162957
It's not a good film by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly is an ✨aesthetic✨ film that hits all of the right buttons. If nothing else, where is lacks in storytelling (although it is quite funny, and also I don't think people remember how bad the soap opera actually was??? because it was BAD), it certainly makes up for in ✨aesthetic✨.

20231015_163052

20231015_163055

20231015_163059
Bella Heathcote is so lovely, and her as Victoria in this film is *everything.* I think this film and  Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (πŸ₯΅)are my favourite performances of hers.

20231015_165835
Going for any modicum of serotonin at this point.

20231015_175858

20231015_180538
Elmer knocked over a pillow to make more room for himself, lol.

Well, the bloody hangers finally arrived!
20231015_183759

20231015_183805
Meerkat helped.

20231015_183843

20231015_183849
Very helpful.

I put on From Hell as background noise whilst I put the hangers to use. Unfortunately, they were not the miracle organizers I had promised myself. In fact, they ended up being bulky, and clothing on the lower tiers were dragging in the closet. Most of the clothes I thought were going to go on them ended up not. So, whilst there was some organization, it wasn't AS much as I had hoped.

If I am being honest (and I fear I must be), what I think I actually need is less clothes. πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ˜©πŸ˜ͺ😭

20231015_185810

20231015_185820
They look so sweet all hung up like that, though. I love clothes.

I tried to watch Toy Story of Terror, but couldn't pay attention well enough because my mind was so busy, so I just turned it off.

20231016_065736
It's still nighttime when I leave in the morning now, and it is having adverse effects on my brain.

20231016_06581220231016_065815
πŸ˜”πŸ˜Ÿ

Enjoy a photoshoot of me living out my 1964 Skipper dreams:
20231016_081603

20231016_081614

20231016_081609

20231016_081625
I added a couple of Halloween pins to this coord to make it more Halloweeny

Well, despite watching 7 spooky movies and dressing spooky every day (even in just some small capacity), I still do not feel very festive. In  fact, I feel quite sad and deflated. Defeated. I am hoping THIS weekend, at the very least, that I will be able to get out and look at Halloween decorations. Honestly, with how exhaustingly toxic and consumerist Halloween has become, on top of how the entire world has gone to shit, maybe it's okay that I am feeling this way this year. It's okay for me to be disappointed in things, but not mad at myself. 


80's kid movies were literally something else, man. For real, lmao.

Comments