I want to wake up (I want to wake up) To friends calling (friends calling) I think I've had enough (think I've had enough) Of hard mornings (hard mornings)
I know fall is not officially here for another couple of weeks, but, by all accounts, it's here. The 'ber months have started.
The mornings are cold and damp as they always are, but they're also dark now. It seemed like one morning it was light when I got up and the next morning it was darkness. I don't mind the gradual waning of the daylight, but it does really get to me when it's just, BOOM, dark outside.
But I am trying my best to manage.
Boogers and all.
Still dealing with 1. the mean comments about my face and aging from people whom I thought were my friends, and 2. trying to cheat the system by taking a good enough of a photo with the back (main) camera on my phone to pass as a headshot. Unfortunately, cameras, especially cell phone ones, are notorious for not being that great for POC skin. But, as with all things, I am trying.
I've been trying to find little kernels of joy, be they seasonal ghostie cereals or mochi delights, or our kitten.
One of my favourite ways to express myself is through fashion, and I know that on days that I feel I look good, I feel so much better. I have really put a lot of effort back into my coords (not that I had even slacked THAT much). When I feel like I nailed an outfit, I feel really confident and capable.
A simple Madame Leota coord from Monday:
I really feel like I nailed Tuesday's outfit.
The eye repair serum hadn't dried yet. When I cry my one eye gets so messed up and it bothers me, so it's repair mode until it's fully back to normal.
I got this shirt last Monday at the Cannery Row Antique Mall. I had no idea it was going to fit when I bought it (I looked at it and just GUESSED). Thankfully, it does, although there is some gappage on one button easily covered by the cardigan).
You get a whole fashion show of this one:
I do wish this one came across AS cute and as flattering as it did in person, but it still looks pretty cute and I am so proud of it. I wore a similar combo last week and it just wasn't *quite* there (I wore the shirt before I washed it for the first time, which isn't the best, lol). This outfit is cozy, autumnal, and I love the navy blue, black, the red-brown, and gold together. There are gold threads in the top which don't translate to photos, but look great in person.
Today I saw HADESTOWN, and I will give that a review! :)
















Comments
Post a Comment