And we will be so wealthy, I'm absolved from questioning That all my bad behavior was just a necessary strain
I used to love this time of year, but the "being dark when I wake up and then right after I come home" thing is not doing it for me anymore.
I enjoyed much needed silence last week, as they were all away.
Cats make everything better.
I am rounding out my last aria of this album, and went through my sheet music to annotate it.
I knew that there was a lot to do on Saturday, and I have started to do my delicates on either Thursday or Friday evening when I get home from work. It's all my me-made, vintage, or lacy unmentionable delicates I don't want ruined in the washing machine. Especially with the stuff that I have made I KNOW will not live through the actual washing machine, no matter what the "hand wash" setting on that says. Ha!
I wasn't fast enough Friday night and it got dark as I was finishing up. I had started almost immediately when I got home, too. :( (Also, they need to get rid of that stupid old bed frame already!!!!)
For as rigidly labourious and as not glamourous as it is, there is something very charming about washing things in this washer and hanging the wash to dry.
Meerkat trashing the whole kitchen table and regretting absolutely nothing the next morning:
They had come home from their vacation the night before and I was trying to do my usual as they are committed to being in the way and making me as miserable as humanly possible.
*screaming internally*
After they made as much noise as humanly possible during my opera coaching lesson (which is the only 30 minutes a week I ask for uninterrupted), I decided to combat the onset of depression creeping in by taking myself on an adventure.
My adventure gear.
Wearing this for the first time this spooky season!
Yes, I realize that the juxtapose on this is *hilarious*.
[some metaphor about my soul looking like this]
A baby veggie burrito.
Taro boba!
Taro is my favourite boba (aside from Thai iced tea), not just because it tends to be my favourite colour.
Had to go do errands later in the day, which brought me to my least favourite place and arch nemesis: COSTCO. I cannot believe so many couples go to Costo as some kind of cutesy and romantic outing because even being in the parking lot makes me want to kick and scream. Oh my God, not ONLY is it a sensory nightmare, but people cannot behave themselves, and were terrible even before the pandemic.
This view from the parking lot was stunning, though.
Costco still didn't have what we needed so we went to Smart & Final down the street:
HALLOWEEN KINDER EGGS!!!!!
I bought three, hoping to get the werewolf and I did!!!
omg, I love himmmmmm
I also got ghost bracelets in my two other eggs!
In the special DISNEY 100 edition of LIFE magazine, they had a very sweet feature on James Baskett, so I bought that, too.
Good night from me and my puff!
Good morning from me and my puff!
One of them went out to a street fair and the other went out to another vacation, and I got to enjoy a few hours in treasured silence:
A Meerkat photoshoot:
This morning started with CHAOS, but I am TRYING.
Channeling my inner Veruca Salt.
So much to do and think about this week. Tomorrow is a trauma anniversary I am trying to not think about. I had a new warm up made just for me that takes me to the A6 in a healthy way. Still working on my last aria, and trying to keep the other ones prepped and prepared. Trying to be gentle with myself this week, even though I have so much to do. I am getting my tattoo worked on on Friday, and the Saturday is both my vocal coaching and my flu shot/Covid booster, so I have to plan out the clothes for this week and figure out what day I am doing my delicates laundry, etc.
I am doing my very best, and I feel okay about it.





































Comments
Post a Comment