The cause is Ozymandian The map of Sapokanikan Is sanded and beveled The land lone and levelled By some unrecorded and powerful hand

 Sunday was the day before my birthday.

20230806_110234
Sidebar, I love seeing one my favourite West Coast rappers represented all over NYC.

20230806_075003
Outfit check.

Again, I was struggling deeply with my body the entire trip, from body image problems I kept having, to my body and brain not communicating with each other.

I took the subway into Manhattan, got off at Penn Station and just decided to walk aimlessly. 

20230806_111517

20230806_111519
I wanted to pet this cat so bad. :(

20230806_113322

20230806_113415
Visiting my future artistic home, which had some disco thingy happening, which is quite possibly the greatest convergence of two of my greatest musical loves, lol.

20230806_123407

20230806_123416
HIMB

20230806_123919 20230806_123921
I definitely felt like none of the photos of me from this trip were all that flattering, and I really struggled seeing myself in photos.

I walked from Balto to the subway at the Natural History Museum, and took it back to Times Square to meet up with Lee again to see my friend Ashley D. Kelly in SHUCKED!
20230806_135447

20230806_144147

received_1386806965548418
LOVE!!!!!

SHUCKED was so good! I went in almost entirely blind to the show, save like two of the musical  numbers and knowing that it was about corn, and I thought it was great! I know I am biased but Ashley is AMAZING. If you are in NYC, run, don't walk, to go see her in SHUCKED!!!!


After SHUCKED, Lee and I went to get pizza before they had to catch SIX.
20230806_181128

20230806_181132
Honestly, the pizza was better than it looked in these photos, but I still think NYC pizza is dull, glorified mall pizza, don't @ me. πŸ™ˆ

After SIX, I made sure that Lee got into their taxi safely, before walking back to a train station. The station I could normally transfer at was closed and so I was walking aimlessly to find a train I could transfer with. I was also feeling a little out-of-body, and wanted to settle myself before heading back.

20230806_214326
As one does.

20230806_214214
It was weird seeing this place completely empty. It meant so much to me at one time, and now meant nothing to me--as nothing as it now stands empty. It was now just a big, empty, and ugly building.

"You have no power over me."

20230806_223524
I bought this for my niece and nephew at a store in Times Square.

Comments