Reminiscin', this-n-thattin', havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day

20230804_230350

Saturday, August 5th, was a trauma anniversary, so I tried to keep myself as busy as possible.  I wore my Best Guy  to protect myself. 

20230805_224526

I took myself to see Robin Hood at a quintessentially Williamsburg ~cinema~. Robin Hood is one of my comfort films, and even though it makes me cry, I wanted to give myself something familiar.

20230805_103732

20230805_131908
I struggled a lot with body image on this trip, randomly, out of the blue, for seemingly no reason. I definitely think having the full-length mirror right you get out of the shower did NOT help.

20230805_105529
My best girl.πŸ’–

20230805_105855
This was a pleasant surprise and I was excited to see this.

20230805_110253
They played cartoons before the show, and I love this music video!

They also took a dig at pretentious douchebags who use Letterboxd in their pre- film announcements animated short, and I *DIED*

This particular Nitehawk  screening was a very strange mix of hipsters and just people with their kids going to go see Robin Hood. At one point, some little kid screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOO bloody murder during the 5 seconds you think Robin Hood has died, and, honestly, same. 

(I did cry during the usual points in the film I always cry, lol.)

20230805_140552

After the movie, I walked back to my hotel room and collect myself after crying, and then went to Times Square to do my Broadway themed art drop! Because Blogger is f u s s y about codes, you can see the TikTok WIPs here, here, and here, and see the footage of the art drop itself here!

20230805_140840

20230805_140952
About to go FERAL.

20230805_141205
WHY.

20230805_141231

20230805_141513

20230805_141306
I think this is supposed to be some stupid "Indian" joke, and I'm not here for it.

20230805_145428
Someone found my Elphaba and tagged me! It made me so happy that someone found and loved it!

20230805_160244
Back to HIMB.

20230805_160551
So, I am not gonna lie, like I deeply struggled with body image on this trip, randomly, out of the blue, wondering and worrying that my waist didn't look small enough in photos, or that my hips were too wide, or that the innermost part of my incredibly muscular thighs looked too squidgy.

20230805_162016

I met up with my friend Lee, and they took me out to dinner for my birthday!
20230805_172500

20230805_172506

20230805_182308
My first time trying a NY Black and White! It was... okay! It tasted very pan dulce adjacent!

20230805_194757

Lee was seeing HERE LIES LOVE, so I just walked about waiting for them to get out of their show and into their taxi for the night.

20230805_202142

20230805_205310
This fountain smelled like Splash Mountain and I missed Disneyland and cried again.

20230805_220529

20230805_214520

Lee got into their taxi, and we had plans to meet up the next day!

20230805_223318

20230805_223330
This mosaic in the subway station was WILD.

20230805_224858
Sitting on the floor of the weird shower of my hotel dealing with my various injuries from the many, many spills on took on this trip! :(

Comments