Pay no mind to the battles you've won It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
The following photos were taken 10 years ago this year, the first batch being selfies I took lost in the woods in Arkansas, and some promotional photos my friend Gordon Lai graciously took of me for my first EP. I was not in a good place, physically, emotionally, or financially, and it showed on my face.
I struggle very deeply to even look at the Arkansas photos because of how awful I look in them. It was terrifying to think of how sick I was.
I remember how "fat" I thought I looked in these photos:
Gordan is such a great photographer, but this photo really socks me in the gut thinking back to how badly I looked and felt during that time period.
Fast forward to now and these photos which were all taken in the last few weeks (none of which are filtered):
Most of the above were taken with the back(main) camera.
I know there are memes going around recently making fun of women who "think they look younger than they do," to which I say you can passive-aggressively dunk on me all you want, I don't do passive-aggressive, I only do AGGRESSIVE.
Why? Why dunk on me when you don't moisturize YOUR face? You want to be insecure, fine, leave me out of it.

















Comments
Post a Comment