They say I was a broken woman They say it was a rainy day
I know I complained about there being too much rain, but right now I find myself missing the rain. π
I know.
I KNOW.
It's what other people consider "gloomy" right now, but what I consider perfect. It's hovering about the mid-60's at the highest, it's foggy, grey, and overcast. It's not quite as dark as the before-storm pictured above, the majestic darkness which leaves me breathless with the increasing tension. The kind that makes you whisper, "wow" in awe out loud.
There is no rain in the forecast, but it's going to be humid enough and wet enough from the fog to satiate that need.
It's light out, but overcast and gloomy when I wake up, which I love. There is fog enveloping everything like a hug. I can hear the birds and their morning conferences, the drip of the fog-dew, and the crash of the ocean off in the distance. The house is cold and quiet, and I feed my pets, and then make my coffee. I fix myself an eggy in a basket, and drink my coffee with sugar and powdered creamer (controversial, I know), so that it stays hotter longer. I get dressed in the clothes that I carefully selected and laid out the night before. I play the exact same songs on the Alexa every morning to start my day right as I finish up getting ready (and I am not sorry about this in the slightest). I walk to the bus stop, and the butterflies, birds, and bunnies are out, like some Disney animation of olde.
What some people think of as gloomy, I think of as cozy.
This is my comfort weather.
I love when the skies are dark and foggy over the ocean.
I love when the skies are dark and foggy over the jagged cliffs against the ocean, coupled with hearing the roar of the ocean.
I love when the skies are dark and foggy over the horse pasture at Shamrock Ranch, the beauty of the horses juxtaposed with the sheer majesty of Montara Mountain just sitting casually behind them as they graze.
It's always sweater weather here, and I would not have it any other way.

Comments
Post a Comment