So great an area of land, that from her western shores Those beautiful sailors journeyed
I spent most of this weekend away from my phone and away from the computer. I have been having panic attacks over the upcoming Tony Award nomination announcements, so I have been trying my best to take on engrossing projects.
Friday started with picking up my fabric that I ordered.
Side bar: Why do people who work in fabric stores always hate their lives and why is it that they always act like you're stealing? My DUDE, where am I going to stash that entire roll? I do not have cartoon hammerspace powers, wtf.
Anyway, I ended up with the last two yards of this.
There is just something so tremendously old-fashioned and satisfying about taking things home in brown paper bags and packaging.
Ta-DA!
I whipped this skirt up in a little less than two hours? Maybe a little more than two hours? It was roughly about two hours, because I watched only a couple of YouTube videos in the background whilst doing everything (minus sewing on the waistband fastens on Saturday afternoon). This didn't have a lining like some of the others, so that was faster.
Saturday, I did a bunch of chores (including outside washing in the Wonder Washer), but then also tried to do a little self-care like a tiny bit of make up and doing my hair. I did all of my chores, and then has my weekly session with the opera coach.
I was feeling pretty manic (which is what happens when I work on projects, I get myself into a finish line frenzy, so I finally, through sheer hubris and mania, I am certain sure, started to finally work on the dream jumper.
Omg, I managed to do one panel successfully!!!!!!!
Sunday Charlie and I wanted to go see baby seals at the marine reserve!
I did my hair again, even if there as no point to it, lol
Well, I guess there went our plans to go on the look out trail! lol.
We joked that we should steal one of these signs.
We also joked about printing out a photo of me and taping my face on this kid's head.
I don't know why this was so funny to us.
I am trying to get better about asking my friends to hang out, and it was nice to see Charlie. We also talked very vague plans about going to Gilroy Gardens again with Chris and Vanesa.
After I got home, I decided to...straighten my hair, as if my hair hasn't endured enough today, lol.
Halfway!
Done--Ta-DA!!!!
Lipstick as a just because.
I managed to finish one panel, part of the waistband, and sew on the zipper! I ended up having to hand-sew 25% of the waist band. I might work on the second panel tonight if I have time, and then research on how to pattern the bodice and sew it on.. Little by little, it is coming together, learning as I go!!











































Comments
Post a Comment