Hey, let's go! Hey let's go! I'm as happy as can be Let's go walkin' you and me!
@lebasfondmusic 90s anime art drop in San Francisco's Japantown! ✨️π‘ππ @The Raddy #art #artdrop #90sanimeaesthetic ♬ hey let's go (my neighbor totoro lofi) - luvbyrd

I had a wonderful day today having a VERY successful art drop!!!!
Last month, when I did not have access to my room because of Operation AtomiCat, I sat up on a Saturday night watching The Dark Crystal drawing 90's anime characters in ballpoint pen. I got around to painting them all this last weekend.
I had sooooo much fun with the art drop I did at Disneyland last year, so I wanted to do another one. I chose this one in honour of AAPI Heritage Month to encourage people to support the shops and eateries at Japantown in San Francisco, which recently was reported to not be doing that well. I know that Japanese culture is more than anime, but I felt like the characters were relatable (sort of, lol), and it was not culturally appropriative.
This one was my fave, and I was a little sad to give it away :(
Packed my gear and got ready to go this morning!
I want to be this person's friend.
Lauren and I made it to Japantown!
All of the sketch cards for the give away were designated correlating drop off locations relevant to the characters. Aisha was the first one, and she was dropped off in restaurant row!
Yes, I even planned out the music for the TikTok video lol lol lol
Next up was Zelda, who we left outside of the video store!
I am so happy this store is still here!
I've always wanted to eat here, and never have because I would feel so bad cheating on Sophie's!
Next up was Utena in front of the swords store!
Spoiler, we would have to move her at some point, lol.
Another place I have always, always wanted to eat!
So I left my beloved Hikaru here!
Gotta get my dango!
Back over the bridge to Restaurant Row:
I want one of these display foods SOOOO bad.
S c r e a m s
Lunchtime!
When we went back to shop, we saw Utena on the floor, and I had to move her to a new spot. :(
SOPHIE'S TIME!
I regret not having bought this tote, but I now I have an excuse to go back!
I had so much fun today!!! I hope that the people who found the sketch cards tag me and I hope they enjoy them! It was so nice to get out and it was so nice to see my dear friend! I really want to go back to Japantown soon! It was nice to retread some old stomping grounds, but I really, really want to try the restaurants I have always wanted to try instead next time!








































I love this post! I love seeing your art, and I love the pictures from around Japantown. I would love to visit someplace like that! I removed the last comment because I accidentally leaned on the "enter" key on my keyboard (I'm prone to doing this for some reason), and there was an obnoxious space under my comment.
ReplyDeleteomg, I hope you can visit one day, I would LOVE to take you!!!!
Delete