Try to remember sometimes That you're skin and bone Make it harder on ourselves Than it needs to be

 These photos two are from a few days ago, where I was walking home after work.

20230424_183011

20230424_183005

It doesn't matter how many times that it happens, seeing deer like this never ceases to be special.

Yesterday, I had the day off for my dentist appointment. It was a nice and refreshing day, and I forgot how it felt to just have random days off during the week.

20230425_094706
playing with cool lighting.

20230425_094713
Reality, lol.

The local bus system is the absolute PITS. They recently changed all of the bus routes and now I don't know where anything lets off or goes. I got off at the shopping center and walked from there, but it looks like the buses now drop off closer to my destination.

20230425_103311

20230425_103314
I like finding whimsy in everyday things. 

20230425_103319
I got stopped by some cops asking if I should be in school.

20230425_103347


20230425_103648

20230425_103650

20230425_103704

20230425_103722
Magic.

20230425_103747
LMAOOOO this signage is SO DRAMATIC.

20230425_103753
Oh, yes, the same cops who thought I was a teenager are gonna GET YOU for dumping.

20230425_103838

20230425_103846

20230425_103918

20230425_103908

20230425_103905
Hiss, sun.

20230425_104309

Well, the dentist was a Thing That Happened, and I have to go back sooner than I want for some other minor thing, but at least the appointment was only an hour.

20230425_121152
So many lizard friends enjoying the sun.

20230425_121135
The tenacity of lone cactus friend.

20230425_122134
The view on the walk home.

20230425_122504

20230425_122508
Friends.

I took the long-ish way home just to enjoy some more time outdoors. You cannot tell me that there is not magic everywhere and in everything.
20230425_123442

20230425_123906

20230425_123912
This owl has SEEN some shit.

20230425_124123

I am constantly taken aback by the splendor of the natural world. I am never immune to just being in constant awe of it. Even the strange little forest outside of the midcentury modern dentist office building is magic to me.

I am going to be buying some fabric this week (I know, I know!) and making a summery type skirt! It's such a cute fabric and it's on sale right now, and like how can I say no to that?

Comments