Feelin' brighter than sunlight Louder than thunder
The temp finally go above 50°, and there was MUCH rejoicing.
Friday started with Beatrice being released from the compound, and then me coming home to her and some fun mail. The first part of my Redbubble order arrived and my new backpack, which I bought as treats for myself to make this hellscape a modicum less awful.
LISTEN, I know who I am! π€π
Beatrice still doesn't know how she feels.
Saturday was Earth Day and I was going to bring my friend some lunch and go see them in a show. I ended up having a later than anticipated start (because that's just what happens in my life), but the timing ended up being just fine.
Waiting for the bus!
Some beautiful fog.
BART was having issues (because OF COURSE it was), so we all got kicked out at 24th and Mission and I ended up having to take the 14 Mission down the remainder of the way. I have nothing to add to this, other than Mission has gotten even worse in the last 6 months than I have ever seen it.
Made it to the theatre safe and sound after dropping off the food at stage door and took the obligatory 7ft personality mirror selfies.
I realized that I had never been inside the theatre during the day before. Like, I am not going to lie, it was hard being there. I thought I was going to be fine, but it was really not fine, and I didn't realize that I could still hurt like that.
Thankfully, the show is sad and I could cry and use the show as an excuse.
Came home to these slugs being lazyyyyyy.
My bangs decided to just randomly be perfect, well okay
It's so nice to be able to do this with her again.
My iTunes has just decided to *do this* for not only this, but other tracks, and NGL, I am not mad and think it's hilarious.
Another one of my new treasures from Redbubble. The drawing of Rosaleen looks like me, I could not pass it up.
Sunday, I decided to finally finish this skirt. I was trying to stay off of the Internet to keep myself out of trouble, since my brain was so bad this week. And when I say it was bad, I mean it was BAD. Spending time online tends to get me into trouble, and I am trying to avoid looking for trouble. I like sewing projects because they are all-consuming and keep my brain focused on one thing for just a little while. My body anniversary was on the 16th, and not feeling liberated or free really socked me in the gut. The whole shit with James Barbour really set me on edge, and then the anniversary of CAROUSEL (which is also tied to the anniversary) made me just lose my shit crying for most of this week. I was going to just GIVE myself a project where I could be focused on one thing and not think about the million other things that were upsetting me. Also, going back to that theatre did not help. It could have been worse, and I can say that I did it, and it honestly could have been worse, but I wasn't anticipating it hurting THAT badly STILL after all these years. I've done a lot of introspection this week, and realizing, and admitting that there is part of you that still loves someone you despise is... a lot. Well, THAT's a terrible revelation!!!!!
Anyway, ---
I bought the fabric on eBay for about $46, and it was described as a "Vintage Wamsutta Florals on Pink Cotton Blend." I guess Wamsutta is a big deal? There's a lot of vintage Wamsutta on eBay. I thought the same sounded vauguely familiar, and, of course, it's originally a Native name. It's a VERY pretty fabric and it is also VERY see-through, so I did have to put in a lining (which I messed up on, but since it's on the underside, no one will see it).
Almost! (ignore the piles behind me, I am still navigating moving back into my room lol)
TA DAAAAAAAAAAA!
THE DEBUT:
Out of all of my skirts thus far, I think this one is the best constructed (other than the train wreck parts of the lining). This is so cute and comfortable, and I am really proud of it.
I have a big vacation coming up later this year (which I will not disclose until after I get back from it--for Reasons), and I debating on what to wear. I very rarely wear just jeans and a t-shirt anymore (even though I just bought a bunch of t-shirts from Redbubble lol). I have fabric I have been hoarding for a long time that I want to make a dress out of, but I don't think that my skillset is quite there yet. I also still have the dream jumper I want to make, but don't... quite feel like my skillset is there yet, either. I might make a couple of other projects first before I finally go after those. So far, I have made the Pinocchio skirt, the Easter Skirt, the 7 baby goats, and now this vintage pink flower cotton thingy.
I have a bunch of different fabrics "hearted" on Spoonflower (which is so dangerous, LMAO) and innumerable wacky ideas which are getting increasingly more wacky because I am going mad with power and cannot be stopped (although I think make I should be).
Anyway, I am trying. I am trying really, really hard. I don't know how well I am actually doing, but I should at least get points for trying.




























Comments
Post a Comment