And please let someone find my bottle. There's a message in it. Because running away isn't working. Amen.

Well, *that* was a weekend! 

Saturday, I vaguely attempted to sleep in, but was awaken by someone who insisted in listening to their Dale Carnegie cult-y audio at maximum volume (charming!)

So much to do, but first, a selfie or two (or three or 7):

20230401_100856

20230401_100852

20230401_100838
Me, realizing HOW MUCH I am going to have to do today.

Laundry time!
20230401_105835
I have vintage/handmade/delicates that I wash in my vintage-styled Wonder Washer. Basically is something is "hand wash only" it goes in here.

20230401_110346

20230401_110453

20230401_110440
Unflattering and very silly, but nothing about Saturdays are glamourous.

20230401_110531

20230401_110333
Some views whilst laundry-doing.

I don't know if it's just the up-coming full moon or what, but I have been incredibly emotional lately. Apparently, Mercury is going back into the Gatorade and Saturn is doing something bonkers, but I have been so emotional

On the whimmiest of WHIMS last week, I searched for these shoes online.  I had them a few years ago and I absolutely loved them. They were my favourite pair of shoes (and this is saying quite a lot from someone who is, by all accounts, certifiably a shoe whore), but I had to get rid of them because they were then-connected to trauma (#theratthatruinseverything ). But I found myself recently missing these shoes and thinking maybe if I start re-piecing things back together one little item at a time. I saw them on Poshmark for cheap and bought them instantly. They arrived in less than 2 days.

20230401_111837

20230401_112442

I literally started sobbing when I opened the package and put them on instantly. I gave myself a moment to just sit there and cry whilst the water was draining from the Wonder Washer getting ready for the next load. (also, don't judge my leggings, okay, Saturday is chore day and I spend a good amount of time on the floor.)

With laundry done, it was time for my weekly opera coaching. This was going to be the last coaching before Operation AtomiCat starts and I wouldn't see my coach again for a few weeks, so we ironed out the last little bumps in Chil il bel sogno, and after the lesson finished everything up by recording, mixing and mastering in about 15 minutes.

20230401_133509

ta da!


I took a break from everything and watched Robin Hood.
20230401_195952

20230401_195943
SCREAMS

I spent part of the afternoon working on my goat skirt and watching Pearl. My buddy Cheyenne has made multiple videos about it recently, and talked about her cosplays of the titular character. Like Cheyenne, X did not interest me at all, but the theatricality of Pearl was intriguing. And, like Cheyenne, I found it a little too...um... *cough* relatable. I just spent the entire day doing chores for people who cannot get out of own way (or mine). And, you know, there is that whole thing of knowing that you are a star, and your family expects you to wait on them, the people with money always getting picked over you, being seen as unlovable, etc. etc. etc. etc. *laughs nervously* I am picky about horror movies, and whilst I could have done without some of the animal death (spoilers, I guess), I thought it was smart and fun. Mia Goth should have been nominated for an Oscar for that performance. I found myself saying "GOOD FOR HER!" out loud multiple times during the film.


Sunday! So much more to do! But first, a couple of selfies. (ha)

Expectations:
20230402_122727

20230402_122736

REALITY:
20230402_121412

20230402_121413

This was going to my last chance to finish this goat skirt. I was having issues with the $40 sewing machine, so I got out the Sew & Sew my friend gave me, which I had issues with, but upon watching a couple of YouTube videos, I think I fixed what was wrong:

20230401_182923

20230401_173107

Jersey knit fabric, as previously mentioned in the last entry, is notoriously difficult to work with and I was having all kinds of issues with the $40 sewing machine, but once I switched to the Sew & Sew (with its different modes and settings) I had way less trouble. I was still constantly having to stop and re-set it, but not AS much.

20230401_185634

This is the ugliest sewing job on the planet, but this sonnavabetch is never coming apart.
20230401_185639

20230402_130951

20230401_191755

20230402_131517

20230402_130958

Waistbands and zippers are going to be the death of me. I told myself that whilst this looks hideous, the only ones who would notice would be too close to me anyway!

20230402_135252

I had to take a break from sewing (because sewing is actually really laborious and physically taxing!!!) to pack some clothes for the next few weeks. Since I will be losing access to my room, I will be living out of a suitcase from the living room.

Okay, back to work on the skirt!

20230402_141720

I DID IT!!!!! Now for the finishing touches through hand sewing!

20230402_174542
Again, these stitches are hideous, but they are Godzilla-proof.

20230402_171641

20230402_184402
omg omg omg omg omg, was it actually DONE?!

20230402_184400

20230402_204603
IS IT DONE????

20230402_171724

20230402_171722
 Doing some very last minute-detail hand-sewn touch-ups watching The Rescuers.

20230402_204626
IT

IS

FINISHED!!!!!

Despite constantly being thwarted at every turn, I got a couple of projects done that this would have been my last weekend to get them done until the end of April: namely the goat-skirt and finishing that aria. I am already looking at new fabrics on Spoonflower (hahahaha). Beatrice gets dropped off at the vet tomorrow, and then I have to plan what I have to do from Tuesday to Friday (what I need to take out for the next couple of weeks, what I need to move, what the weather will be like-- so which shoes I will need,------you know, everything). 

I am mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted, but I am trying.

Comments