don't I look better when I'm slouching with a pebble on my back

I got my new sewing machine! It is very similar to the other one, but this one has the reverse stitch option so that I can sew and reinforce things properly.

20230323_194034

20230323_194037

My stitches are imperfect, but practical. I had this fabric stashed for two years, and because I bought the last of what the website had for this, I was afraid to use it!

20230323_204923
 One skirt panel down!

20230323_204927

20230323_204835
*ahem*

Like I said, these stitches are ugly, but functional. I will definitely have to go back over some of this by hand, which is okay! The lesser grade machines are actually much harder to control than the more expensive ones! I am hoping to have this done by tonight or tomorrow! I won't have time to wear it before Easter, but I can at least try it on and it ready and paired with the top I have in mind.

I am still awaiting my order from Spoonflower. They were late on printing my fabric, and then just printed a label and it's just sitting there in USPS mail purgatory. It's going to leave New Jersey at some point, I guess!(?!?!) I have been trying to get as many projects done as possible and  plan everything out for the next couple of weeks because a week from next Tuesday, Beatrice has her procedure and I basically lose all access to my room! 😐

I am not good at sewing, but I enjoy it and I like having something tangible when I am done. It's a good distraction that keeps me off of my phone and out of (internet) trouble. It will be good to have a couple more rounds of practice before I finish up my dream jumper. I still have all of these random pieces of vintage lace that I never got to use I hope will find a home on the jumper. 

I am also going to be reorganizing my closet once I regain access to my room, and decide what I can sell, etc. I hate having to sell anything, but I will do whatever I can for my cat. In the meantime, I am looking and more ways I can foolishly spend my money on fabric websites. πŸ‘€πŸ˜Ά

Comments