ππππππππΊπͺ‘π§΅
My goat fabric arrived earlier this week! π
The beautiful pattern is based on the fairytale, Der Wolf und die sieben jungen GeiΓlein my German grandmother who passed away in December used to tell me. It is such a strange story, I always thought that that couldn't be correct and the way she told it was some sort of lost in translation error. When I found it again years later, it really just was THAT weird! HA!
All of the little goats pick on the one small baby-est goat, and the mom goat goes to the market and leaves the kids (pun intended!) home alone. A wolf does several tricks to fool them, and finally does one that works and they let him in. The wolf eats 6 of the goats, except for the smallest one, who hides in the clock. The mother goat comes home to the wolf passed out asleep from food coma and the baby goat who hid in the clock narcs on the wolf and tells mom everything. She cuts the wolf open and lets the little goats free, refills his stomach with rocks (WTF, how did he not wake up????) and then sews him back together. The wolf with his body now full of rocks goes to drink from the stream, and because he is now full of rocks, which he slept through, falls into the stream and drowns.
So, um, you can now possibly understand why I couldn't believe that she was telling this story correctly!
omg, it is such a cute pattern
Making the panels:
It's always fun to read the whacky headlines on this.
Unfortunately, jersey knit fabric is apparently "the worst" to sew, and is "like sewing two live fish together" (which, oddly, has been used multiple times by different people--like.....how many live fish have you people sewn together?! I feel like that is an oddly specific description.) I have to say, that the machine did NOT take to it and it was incredibly frustrating. I am going to work on it this weekend to see what I can do, because I want to have my cute little skirt by next week. I am also thinking of maybe taking a crack at the Snow White fabric, which is almost too cute to cut! I want to at least have the wolf skirt done this weekend because I won't be able to do any more sewing projects when I lose access to my room! πππ΅
I still cannot believe just HOW cute the Easter skirt came out! I feel a couple more rounds of this and I will be unstoppable!




Comments
Post a Comment