And the one thing I know for certain Is everything I lost is broken Somehow I don't, fear anymore

 As someone who loves rain a whole lot, and finds it both healing and rejuvenating.... I am... over it.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and it is never been more welcomed than this year.

Last week started with a giant storm and a time change, so not only was it still midnight o'clock dark outside, it was storming.

20230314_072927

20230314_073720

20230314_073824
*Bernard from The Rescuers voice* "duty calls!"

20230314_073814

20230314_074206

20230314_074358
hi.

20230315_200559
The kitten continues to kitten and be cute! The other three cats are adjusting to her.

20230316_101516
My new niece will be here any day now, so I bought her some socks to initiate her as a bun bun.

20230316_102705
'Tis the season.

20230316_175648
These last few weeks have had bad anniversaries, and I tried to allow myself to feel things completely all of the way through. *Narrator voice* this was a bad idea.

20230316_201207

20230316_201317
I bought this fabric a couple of years ago as an impulse buy and then let it sit in the hoard for.... 2 years. I finally got it out last week and started planning out a skirt for Easter. 

20230317_131844
On Friday I wore casual shoes to invoke Spring because I was OVER IT.

20230317_200842
Friday evening, I cut all of the panels for the skirt using the pattern I made. 

20230317_201509
ta da!

20230317_221443
All cut and ready to go!
 
20230318_132454

20230318_132510
A beautiful bloom... coupled with the fake flowers, LOL

20230318_164143

20230318_164148

20230318_164424

Beatrice has had a vendetta against the pink sewing machine, and I didn't realize that when she took it out in cold blood a couple of weeks ago, she actually murdered it. Even replacing the needle did not do anything. So I ordered a new one which will be coming later this week. But also, LMAO, WTF, cat!!!!!!

Sunday was powwow day!

20230319_094538
Hello from me....

20230319_094541
... and my IPL burned chin.

20230319_102259

20230319_102306

I know that a lot of world landmarks are overrated, but one that most certainly is not and is breath-taking every single time I see it is the Golden Gate Bridge. I love going across the bridge in the rain.

20230319_104312
My mom and I went to the first annual Marin County Powwow!

20230319_105640

This is the historical Dixie School House, which is attached to a school where the powwow was being held. The school is attached to a school that was also named Dixie, and had a recent name change.

20230319_105700

The fry bread truck was late, so we gave up and went to A & W (along with a few other Natives, hahaha)
20230319_130505

20230319_133259
20230319_133734

We decided to explore the Olivet Cemetery from the warmth of the car.
20230319_134253

20230319_135108

20230319_135146

20230319_135323

20230319_135327
I found this deeply moving for some reason.

20230319_135416

20230319_135631

20230319_135744
A true legend.

20230319_142123

20230319_142128

20230319_142132

20230319_142139

20230319_142144

When the weather gets like this, I always crave going to Marin, especially Point Reyes. Point Reyes is in the other part of Marin, but I do like exploring. I want to have a Point Reyes Adventure Day with my friends soon. Marin is a complicated place--at once beautiful and terrifying, but magical when it rains.

When you treat everything like a quest or an adventure....
20230319_181034
Even getting gas at Costco.

20230319_221430

20230319_221434
Little Miss Never  Heard of Personal Space

20230320_081903

20230320_081917
Happy Monday from me and my 7ft personality wearing (literal) little kid clothes.

It was nice to be around other Native people this weekend. It was nice to return to Marin. It was nice to be out in the rain, and have a gas-getting quest (when you treat even mundane things as an ADVENTURE!!!, everything is more fun!). I am expecting the new sewing machine on Wednesday and new fabric. I will be seeing old friends, and finishing up the Easter Skirt. I am still prepping for Operation AtomiCat, which is the first week of April. Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of rain for a while (until Monday at least), which will be a nice break. It will make this week a little less complicated.

Comments