But baby tonight I'm made of gold for you Under the light of the silver half-moon
I recently started a sewing project that I wanted to work on on my own. I wanted to see if I could do it by myself, as I have a collection of fabrics and did not want to be dependent on other people to make the clothes for me. A while ago, I ordered this fabric on Etsy. Despite all the things happening with Splash Mountain, I don't see any use in letting the fabric just rot and sit there.
I wanted to see if I could make a jumper based on this one my friend made.
I have been using YouTube for some help. I am still working on creating a pattern for scallops!
As a "just in case," I went to order more fabric on Etsy, and ended up buying some with the same pattern, just a smaller print. Oops! Uh oh!
On a whim, I decided to re-cut the entire garment using the fabric with the smaller print!
I ended up having plenty of fabric for all the panels I wanted, and now I can save the panels I cut using the other fabric as another skirt, and have this one be the jumper. This is the full skirt cut and pinned and ready to be sewn.
My hand sewing machine will no longer turn on and I could not figure out the sewing machine gifted to me, so I ended up sewing both of the panels entirely by hand!
The next morning, I feeling pretty good about the whole thing, and feel like I got this under control!
Right?!
Pinning and sewing the second panel of the skirt!
Feeling pretty good about the whole thing!
Like, I cannot lie, these are downright ugly stitches. But once the dress is complete, they can also be taken out and gone over with a sewing machine if needed.
Two panels of the skirt sewn together on one side! VERY exciting! Tonight, I am going to do the second side, and then sew in the zipper. I want to work on it for about an hour each day. It's hard work, but it's good to keep me off my phone and away from the internet, and just have something to work on.
I realized that I don't really HAVE hobbies, and that this is a good "hobby" for me to have, because it's nice and distracting. Now that I have the skirt pattern I made myself out of newspaper, I can reuse it over and over again for other skirts and dresses! I feel like once I get this figured out, I am going to be both UNSTOPPABLE (and INSUFFERABLE). π
Even if I only wear it around my house, I am happy that this little jumper is coming to life!













Comments
Post a Comment