The world seems so shrouded, so far away Its noises sleep, and I As secret as yon buried stream Plod dumbly on and dream

 Hello, friends! It has been a very stressful several weeks! Dressember 2022 is in full swing and  I think I am doing pretty good with that so far! My opera record is now halfway done! I am *knock on wood* ahead of schedule!

Here is one of my favourite bounds thus far!

20221211_125853

20221211_125613
 I went as the movie So Dear to My Heart!

Saturday, I took one of my best friends to the Walt Disney Family Museum for the first time! It was a mega storm with super gale-force winds!

20221210_074306
This is the face of someone who is NOT AWAKE.

20221207_065814
PS, this is one of my other favourite bounds, as Huck Finn!

Anyway, moving on!

20221210_074322
Looking out the window the morning of, with zero visability!

20221210_071932
A quick breakfast!

20221210_080521
Away I gooooooooo!

20221210_080525
FUN!

20221210_100827
Quick outfit check once we got to the museum! I was Catfish Bend on this day!

I love taking people who have never been to the Disney Museum before and see things through their eyes, because there is always something they notice that I hadn't before!
20221210_102011

20221210_102216
I love this bird's weirdo little FACE!

20221210_102143

20221210_102218

20221210_102403

20221210_103542

20221210_111041

20221210_111053 20221210_111049

20221210_112133

I don't know how new these notices are in the galleries--I had never noticed them before Saturday. I am glad they are there and I hope that the galleries stay as they are--as museums, where these images belong, so we can confront and learn from them and not have them be hidden because it makes people who perpetuated them uncomfortable to have to face them.
20221210_120302

I do admit, I take photos of the same things at the museum over and over because I have anxiety about things changing because the museum is a safe and comfort space for me.

Replenishing my powers.
20221210_121026

20221210_121439

My special girl.
20221210_121908

20221210_122111
A quick selfie in the magic bathroom.

20221210_122414
It was pouring! You can't tell this from the photo, though.

20221210_125024
Again, I am glad this notice is here and even more glad that Tahoe is changing the name! I wish that they would actually say which cultures for this one because it IS incredibly specific to Native people, but I get it. I bet it's the same Word doc they use for all of them lol.

20221210_124246
This is the closest I will get to Disneyland again.

20221210_125446
Catherine discovered the Barker Bird....

20221210_125443
....and went mad with power!

20221210_145100

After the Jungle Book exhibit and the gift shop, we went and walked around the new natural garden areas over the tunnels! There was a really cool natural playground,  learning stations, and sculptures.
20221210_150326

20221210_150337
This was definitely a WOW, WE GET TO LIVE HERE!!! moment.

20221210_153057

20221210_152356
Catherine the Biologist absolutely LIVING at one of the discovery stations.

20221210_152354
 
We hopped on the free PresidiGo shuttles and waded some of the SantaCon IDIOTS to the Embarcadero where we had dinner at the Ferry Building!!!!

20221210_163759(0)

20221210_164232

20221210_164041
When I was a kid, my grandpa and I used to ride the F street car to the Ferry Building and then spend hours watching this sign. I am glad that the sign is still like this. It makes my heart so happy.

20221210_165141

20221210_165145
"This doesn't taste like gummy worms... this tastes like a Christmas tree...."

20221210_171305

20221210_180004

20221210_181218

20221210_181225

We rode the train home and it started pouring again on my way home on the bus. But I got home safe!

Covid and money concerns has turned me into such an introvert--more than I was ever before, and it was sooooo nice getting to see one of my best friends and do some fun things I absolutely looooove with her. I forgot how fun it can be to go to museums on rainy days, too. Now that Catherine is back in the area and we are both more than fully boosted, I want to see her multiple times a month.

Saturday marked 2 weeks until Christmas! I have officially run out of time to do many of the things I had my eye on, but hopefully I can still do a few things! T-rexmas is this Saturday and We are almost all prepped and ready to go for that.

I do see myself definitely investing in a pair of rainboots, even if my Sketchers did just fine.

Saturday was definitely nourishment for my soul.

Bonus pissy Beatrice objecting to the cold:
20221206_210635

Comments