The time has grown so short The world so wide

 My opera record is 50% completed! Within the next two weeks or so, Mein Herr Marquis will be wrapped up and I will only have 4 arias left to finish. I am getting into the meat of the record. As a coloratura, I want to make sure the coloratura arias are perfect, as those are what are really going to showcase my skills as an artist. TO  THINK, I started the redo in September, contracted someone, finished getting the recordings in the beginning of October, and between the beginning of November and now, recorded 5 arias, and soon to be six! Everything happens in its own time, but it really puts into perspective how much time had previously been wasted.

At first, the prospect of having to do it all over again was incredibly daunting. Overwhelming. Unsurmountable. I felt like a failure. I thought, oh my gosh, I am never going to be able to do this. Then the first two arias happened. Boom. I came home on the bus, warmed up on the way, and got home and sang both of these in a matter of twenty minutes. Suddenly, it felt less intimidating. A couple of weeks later, I finished another aria. I struggled for a few weeks, and then did two more in a week in December. 

I do not wish to record for recording's sake, and I want these to be the best that they can be, but I am more optimistic than I have been in ages.

"the world so wide...."

 

Comments