'Cause I can't really guess what you want If you let me down, let me down slow

 



Oh my gosh, I am so upset! I had almost 2000 followers on Spotify and I have lost most of them in a matter of days! I tried to contact Spotify, but they are useless. Their site actually crashed yesterday because so many people were putting out their Wrapped graphics. I don't begrudge people for using streaming platforms, but I one hundred percent have issues with the platforms themselves!!!! I know that numbers don't really matter, but it is incredibly sad because I felt a euphoria watching those numbers go up and up and up and I thought it wasn't going to stop. Even if they were just little increments. When you are an indie artist, every number matters. It sucks because in all honesty, I thought to myself, "wow, all of my hard work for all these years is finally going to pay off!!" and it it, I cannot even lie, crushing to see those numbers go down like that. I hope the rest of them stay and I can regain them and regain the amount of monthly streamers. I have a single coming out tomorrow, but I sincerely doubt that that track is going to have the same level of traction that these other two had. The only thing I can do is write another pop song and pitch it to the playlist editors.

I wrote "Heady Nights" as a companion to "Late Nite Drive," hoping to recapture some of its magic.


Unfortunately, I just don't think it was as good, and I am quite disappointed in it. I wrote it as a response to this photo I took leaving the gala event for the Jungle Book Exhibit and the Walt Disney Family Museum.

Also, by the way that Spotify is set up, it only shows your top ten most popular songs as of right now, and not of all time. It also only shows your stats if people have listened to songs over 1,000 times.


So, even though I have multiple songs that have met that threshold, they do not show up in my top ten, making it look like no one has listened to my music.

:(

I am trying very, very hard, but it is so very, very hard.


Comments