We'll tally up the parts of our love It's getting heavy, heavy The more we collect, the slower our step Trying to keep it steady

 Here are some things I love, in no particular order, for no particular reason other than that I love them:

I love redwood trees, and Japanese maples. I love Monterey cypress. I love huckleberry-filled hills. I love the way that the tawny grass turns green overnight with just one little splash of rain. I love the healing properties of rain. I love the restless Pacific Ocean and the rugged coast. I love the smell of the ocean and hearing the ocean roar and crash at night.

I love waking up in the morning and making coffee in one of my favourite mugs. I love egg in a basket toast, Yorkshire pudding, Nutella on bread, Eggo waffles, or even a Dutch baby pancake. I love sitting in a cold and quiet house with my coffee and my morning treat. I love mornings where there is nothing to do for the day other than wake up and enjoy life and not have to rush off anywhere.


Comments