I spent the weekend going to Apple Hill with my mother. It was a pretty vacation, but I have a few disclaimers: below will be images of mob and racialized violence "comically" depicted. So whilst I enjoyed visiting the different farms, I did NOT enjoy the Kl@n meeting in the McDonald's parking lot.
It also made my seasonal depression even worse.
For transparency's sake, I did not wear a mask for most of this trip. I tried to wear one on the first day, and got openly harrassed. I was too scared to continue to wear one.
Now that we have THAT all out of the way, here is the trip report:
Apple Hill is a coalition of more than 50 farms, wineries, etc. The area in which Apple Hill is located is absolutely beautiful.
We are almost there!
Ready to get my farm on!
I had already started to regret coming at this point.
On the official roads of Apple Hill! These baby goats were just RIGHT THERE and we could have easily snatched one (but obviously didn't, don't come for me).
The first farm! And probably my favourite of the actual farm stands we went to:
This was one of my favourite things on the whole trip:
Perfection exists.
I wanted this giant cow.
Even the Wolfman says "No Rats Allowed."
I don't know why this photo is so funny to me.
This was probably my second-favourite farm. It was way up higher in the Sierra's and I got altitude sickness. :(
This half-dog half-coyote was named Ninja! :D Excellent dog 10/10
This farm was like 160 years old.
More/ other farms:
After checking in at the hotel, I finally got to eat the one thing I was the most excited about on the trip!
This "apple pie caramel apple" from Abels's Apples was legendary and I am glad I scooped one up!!!
The joy reaction here is pretty pure.
We drove through downtown Placerville the first day, and I was openly uncomfortable.
Okay, this is your warning.
BARF.
This was really cool, though.
Placerville is so weird, because every other shop is this fairy fa la la la shit and...."comical" mob violence shit.
You think... you think it could be?
It sure is beautiful here, but I am happy to head home.
Never been more happy to see this skyline.
Comments
Post a Comment