Halfway there, might as well keep going, I'm in a Gallery Disneyland Trip Report: Part 2

 You can read Part 1 HERE.

OKAY, here we go! Day 1 at Disneyland! The vlogger lighting on the room created VERY DRAMATIC lighting on my face That was not exactly flattering. I was already feeling lousy because my friend who was supposed to be there with me the first day had Covid! :( On top of that, I was super bloated because I was stressed out, so the super cute outfit I had planned I couldn't even wear. THANK GOODNESS I am an over-packer!

Also yes, my hair just ~does this~.

20220806_063904

Okay, here we GOOOOOOO!!! Art drop time!!! Since the trip was for my birthday, I wanted to give little gifts to others!

20220806_074628

20220806_074656
This was so nerve-wracking! It's VERY hard to be sneaky at Disneyland! I got in before rope drop and even though there weren't that many people in there yet, it was still hard to hide that I was trying to hide him!

20220806_074917
The first one out of the way, it was time to get this whole bag squared away!

Because I was there by myself the first day, I got to ride whatever I wanted as MUCH as I wanted. Obviously, that meant riding Splash a whole bunch of times in the morning! 😜

20220806_082200
I rode Splash about 3-4 times, and the first two times, I saw that the wind had blown him off of the barrels, and found another space to squeeze him in. The next time I checked, he had been taken! It made my heart so happy! I hope he went to someone who loved him! 

Next up was Haunted Mansion!

20220806_083046
The Beating Heart Bride of the 90's and the early 2000's was the best version of the Bride that ever was and ever will be, and I miss her so much my heart hurts.

20220806_083216
Tee hee!

I DEPLY REGRET not making a Pirates sketch card!!!!

Whilst I liked the concept of the auction change, I am still very disappointed in it. I am sad that it's so bland. I am still disappointed they downplayed her figure, because it's really shamey towards busty, curvy women (of course thin bodies are valid, but it's always thin bodies, YKWIM? :/ ). I am sad that she's honestly annoying AF! The MOST successful pirates in history were women! Like they could have really  gone in hard and made this amazing, and it's just... mediocre. Like having the buffoons still say, "we wants the Red Head!!" and her shooting at them to shut up. They could have really taken the leap and done something cool, but instead she is just God damn annoying!

20220806_094754

ALTHOUGH, if NOTHING else, the revamp exists JUST for me because of THESE GOATS IN JEWELRY. I swear to you whomever decided to do this made it exclusively for me.
20220806_094751

Mirabel is next!
20220806_101437

20220806_101509
I think Encanto is just okay (and I am kind of uncomfy with how much non-Latinx people latched on it and because they don't understand how different cultures work, just started INVENTING shit), but LOOOOOVE Mirabel! I think she is just so cute!

LUNCH TIME!

I suffer from overstimulation and sensory overload the most in Galaxy's Edge! :D

20220806_103350

Is Ronto the name of the creature I am eating or the roaster who cooked them?
20220806_103354

I know a lot of fan boys hate the new Star Wars movies (home slice, no one made you watch them, STFU), but the Vulptices are my EVERYTHING. I tell myself these are their tracks!
20220806_105540

Okay, back to work! Post-riding "It's a Small World" for the 4th time that day (this is not an exaggeration!), I had to figure out where to put Roger! Toon Town is closed and it's too hard to find a spot for him at the Depot! :(
20220806_113701

I guess this will have to do! It was soooo hard to be sneaky because people kept walking by!
20220806_120451

20220806_122154

My dumb ass took this photo thinking that I was taking a video! πŸ˜…πŸ˜“πŸ˜œπŸ˜Ή
20220806_122202

Hid him in the bushes! Also was NOT easy because I felt like I was being watched! LOL.
20220806_122417

Snack time again! These were AMAZING!
20220806_123139

These are 1000000% worth the hype!
20220806_123248

Still had 4 of these left and I wasn't sure where to put them! :(
20220806_123859

Flouder is sooooo hard to draw, and I think this is my FAVE Flounder I'd ever done!!!
20220806_125247

20220806_125322

Hahahaha OH LOOOOK, reunited with my beloved! πŸ‘€πŸ˜œ
20220806_130420

I was on my way to ride Pirates again, and trying to figure out where to place Mulan!
20220806_134705

This seemed like as good a place as any.
20220806_134802

20220806_143302

20220806_143334

One last one! I was trying to put Timothy in the photo op Dumbo, and some little girl busted me lol. So I gave him to her!
20220806_143650

20220806_143738
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!

20220806_142834
Why tho

My smudge-proof 24 hour "long lasting" lipstick melted off! I was as miserable as I looked here!
20220806_170513
A guy and his family walked by, with the guy singing "How Do You Do"--only English was not his first language and the "how do you do?" line was the only one he knew, and the rest was in whatever language he was speaking--much to the annoyance of his wife.  As he was jaunting merrily along, she was pushing the heavy stroller in that heat. I swear to you, that dude is living in my brain rent-free for the rest of my life! LMAO.

I took that as a sign from God that it was time to ride Splash Mountain again!

*narrator voice* and this was a mistake! :D

I ended up riding single rider with this super nice Samoan family, and we got completely saturated!

20220806_184449

20220806_191652
And I mean, I was so wet, I had to go back to the hotel, literally dripping to hang my clothes up and change. THANK GOODNESS I am an over-packer. Everyone gives me SO MUCH SHIT for over-packing, but if I had NOT over-packed on this trip I would have been SCREWED.

I ended up going back and riding a few more things, including Splash again. And... then I got stuck.....πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’. The photo below is RIGHT before we got stuck. I was already completely saturated again, but thought, oh, it's fine, I can just ride it once more for the night and then head back to the hotel.

*narrator voice* this was a mistake.

20220806_230327

I had never heard the Splash Mountain "please stay seated!" safety spiel, and I am sad it took me 33 years to hear it, especially since its time is almost up. πŸ’”

Anyway the next day (technically the same day because we were stuck past midnight) is my birthday! :D

Comments